FamiCompo 2014

Discuss NSF files, FamiTracker, MML tools, or anything else related to NES music.

Moderator: Moderators

B00daW

FamiCompo 2014

Post by B00daW »

So my friend hasn't decided to post on this forum yet which is again a pass for me to do so. The Japanese end of FamiCompo has lost steam and given the steam to the Western area of steam to create FamiCompo 2014. Yes, this is the official FamiCompo 2014 with weird-ass rules such as allgear format where you can use protools n' shit. It's not the same-old FamiCompo but again it's fully endorsed by the old FamiCompo. There will be the same and new entrants from the old FamiCompos and new skills and ideas from the prior.

Enjoy the new and hold onto the old with Japo-World competition of music and 2a03 music and/or with expansions!

http://bitpuritans.eu/compo/

(btw, "my friend" is kfaraday Say "hi" to him and enjoy the continuance.)
mikejmoffitt

Re: FamiCompo 2014

Post by mikejmoffitt »

This is neat, I'd like to make something for it. Is that countdown for when entries are due, or for when it opens for entries?
tepples

Post by tepples »

In case you're unable to watch the video, here's the impression I got:
  • Original category: Composed by you, all expansions allowed, NSF
  • Cover category: Composed by someone else, all expansions allowed, NSF
  • Freestyle category: Original composition using any instruments, one of which must be an NES, MP3 format
  • Multiple entries allowed per person in each category, so long as each has effort put into it
  • A cartridge will be made of the best original 2A03-only entries no larger than 64 KiB
  • Entries must be submitted by December 31
mikejmoffitt

Post by mikejmoffitt »

tepples wrote:In case you're unable to watch the video, here's the impression I got:
  • Original category: Composed by you, all expansions allowed, NSF
  • Cover category: Composed by someone else, all expansions allowed, NSF
  • Freestyle category: Original composition using any instruments, one of which must be an NES, MP3 format
  • Multiple entries allowed per person in each category, so long as each has effort put into it
  • A cartridge will be made of the best original 2A03-only entries no larger than 64 KiB
  • Entries must be submitted by December 31
Bingo - my laptop has developed a fault so I'm back to my trusty old Pentium 3 machine with first-generation intel graphics. Thanks for the summary.
zzo38

Post by zzo38 »

You shouldn't require that it is only MP3 because there is better format such as, FLAC, Vorbis, etc.
(Free Hero Mesh - FOSS puzzle game engine)
tepples

Post by tepples »

Apple and Microsoft smartphones don't come with FLAC and Vorbis decoders, though FLAC has been rumored for Windows 10.
Erockbrox

Post by Erockbrox »

You know.....

It says the deadline is Dec 31th and I've been working on this for the last 2 days and I finally got a song and now they say that the entries are closed.

At my location its still 1 hour and 20 mins until the end of Dec 31st so please consider my submission.

Here is my entry!!!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3k18gdwjnvjxu ... s.ftm?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gm112j5e3dabs ... s.nsf?dl=0

Also I honestly just learned this program in 2 days. So I'm super super new to this, but wanted to participate anyway. If anyone has any tips or hints to make my entry better let me know. :)
B00daW

Post by B00daW »

Entry period is over and voting begins now!

http://bitpuritans.eu/compo/
Erockbrox

Post by Erockbrox »

I have noticed that when I play the .nsf files back in that special version of famitrack notsofatso that it doesnt play the whole song but cuts it off short. I know this because i recently downloaded an other player and now I'm hearing the rest of the songs so to speak.

Does anyone know why that special version of famitracker does this and how do i fix it.
B00daW

Post by B00daW »

Give rainwarrior's NSFPlug/NSFPlay a try. So far it's the most compatible.
ionustron

Post by ionustron »

I haven't touched this version of famitracker but I assume if it's running notso fatso inside, perhaps the play indefinitely setting wasn't checked so it's stopping at a certain minute mark? No idea.
rainwarrior

Post by rainwarrior »

Are you talking about the NSF Importer? There's a setting on the import for how many seconds to record.