It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:42 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:59 am 

Hi I got my hands on a second hand nes clone "family video game" and there was no included power adapter. I've tried one of them multi adapters and tried a Sega master system adapter but I'm not sure if it's powering on. There's no lights on the system and it only has rf output so I can't tell whether it's just not powering on or if something is wrong with the rf output. I have a multimeter just don't know where to start has anyone got any ideas what could be wrong? Also I've tried letting the tv autotune and it doesn't pick up anything I expected it to be on Ch36.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:36 am 

I don't know what country that's supposed to be for or where you are. But with a U.S. TV and a console designed to output on Japanese channels 1 and 2, you might need to set your TV to "standard analog cable" and look for it in channels 95 through 99.

Or turn it on and use a voltmeter to look for 5 volts between the power pin and the ground pin, per the pinouts on the wiki.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:02 pm 

Sorry I forgot to mention I'm in ireland I'll try to test the multimeter on it and see what I get.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:26 pm 

Powered it on and tried 1 and 31 on the cart slot and I just get 0 volts I can post a picture of the board if it'll help in any way. I also tried 1 and 30 which on another broken clone show 4.5v when powered but 0v on this one.

Edit here's the link http://s3.postimg.org/3v1t1kzw3/1425669 ... 501089.jpg

There's a 104k resistor near the power jack with no connection at all showing on the multimeter I wonder is this the problem if so I need to get my hands on another resistor like it to try. It looks like a short protection.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:31 am 

Sorry to post again but I don't know anywhere else to post. Anyway I got another one of these consoles and it's giving me exactly the same result as the first one. Puzzled as to whether they both don't work or the adapters aren't working on them.