It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:41 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 721 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 49  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: puNES Emulator
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:50 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:14 pm
Posts: 38
Thank you very much and for all your hard work!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: puNES Emulator
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:39 pm
Posts: 9
I think there is something wrong with the 0.99 for Windows 32 and 64 version. When I start any game I get a weird colored palette because of the new Open GL GLSL option and when I change the video rendering to software the palette colors go back to normal but the fullscreen option gets disabled. Thank You and have a nice day.


Last edited by BaconIsGood16 on Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: puNES Emulator
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:25 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:14 pm
Posts: 38
BaconIsGood16 wrote:
I think there is something wrong with the 0.99 for Windows 32 and 64 version. When I start any game I get a weird colored palette because of the new Open GL GLSL option and when I change the video rendering to software the palette colors go back to normal but the fullscreen option is disabled. Thank You and have a nice day.


Everything seems to be fine and work on my end here and I can change palettes and shaders to whatever fits my needs even my own made ones.

Did you get the 099 release from here?
https://github.com/punesemu/puNES/releases

If you have tested the WIP builds of 099 I suggest you delete all the configuration files if you already haven't done so and start fresh with the stable one.

There have been some issues during the WIP progress but they have been sorted out as far as I know so 099 should be a pretty solid release.

If you still got problems I suggest you contact FHorse about it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:12 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:30 pm
Posts: 6
geoslake wrote:
Hi, could someone know if its possible to get xaudio2 without installing the full dx library ? I tried with various xaudio dll and couldnt fix it. Thanks


Anyone ?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: puNES Emulator
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:03 pm
Posts: 5709
Location: Canada
1. The official way to install XAudio2 is just as part of the DirectX runtime installer. Microsoft forbids developers from distributing individual DLLs like that, and DLLs often have their own dependencies, so you might need more than just that one.

2. The DirectX runtime is actually installed by Windows Update at this point because it's a critical part of windows. You should have it already, unless you're running XP, I think?

Here's some info:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/kb/179113
(There's info on this page about how to get the installer.)


Last edited by rainwarrior on Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: puNES Emulator
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2004 9:28 pm
Posts: 3192
Location: Mountain View, CA, USA
If it's needing the xaudio* stuff from DirectX 9, then one will have to get the DX9 install/setup from Microsoft's website. Windows 7 doesn't come with DX9, nor are there any Windows Updates for it. Not sure if this is relevant to the situation or not though.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: puNES Emulator
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:27 pm
Posts: 282
Location: Hong Kong
As far as I know(correct me if I am wrong), Windows from Vista onwards(don't know about 10) install a very old version of DX9 for whatever stupid reason, alongside the recent version of DX that the Windows support (since DX10 and above aren't downward compatible with DX9). And that DX9 would not be updated automatically by Windows Update, so if anyone gets a DX9 error (which is very common, unfortunately), he/she should try to manual update DX9 first.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: puNES Emulator
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:39 pm
Posts: 9
@Black Zero Yeah I deleted all files of 0.98 before I downloaded 0.99. I've downloaded 0.99 3 times now and before I downloaded another copy I delete everything connected with the prior copy. I also tried downloading it directly from the Github website and I still get the same 2 problems. The weird crazy colored palette with the new Open GL GLSL and when I change the video rendering to software the color palette goes back to normal but the fullscreen option gets disabled.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: puNES Emulator
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:39 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:14 pm
Posts: 38
BaconIsGood16 wrote:
@Black Zero Yeah I deleted all files of 0.98 before I downloaded 0.99. I've downloaded 0.99 3 times now and before I downloaded another copy I delete everything connected with the prior copy. I also tried downloading it directly from the Github website and I still get the same 2 problems. The weird crazy colored palette with the new Open GL GLSL and when I change the video rendering to software the color palette goes back to normal but the fullscreen option gets disabled.


That's unfortunate.

What kind of GPU do you have? Nvidia, AMD or Intel?

I'm on a AMD R9 380 card using Crimson 16.3.1 drivers. Could be GPU/Driver related but that's only a guess.

Mind posting a screenshot of how this crazy colored palette looks and which palette?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: puNES Emulator
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2004 9:28 pm
Posts: 3192
Location: Mountain View, CA, USA
In my experience, "crazy palettes" or incorrect colours are often caused by a different in RGB byte order depending on platforms/video cards. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RGBA_color_space seems to imply that OpenGL always uses RGBA, so maybe that's not it, but we *are* discussing DirectX at the same time...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: puNES Emulator
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:25 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:14 pm
Posts: 38
koitsu wrote:
In my experience, "crazy palettes" or incorrect colours are often caused by a different in RGB byte order depending on platforms/video cards. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RGBA_color_space seems to imply that OpenGL always uses RGBA, so maybe that's not it, but we *are* discussing DirectX at the same time...


Interesting, I completely forgot that there is a DirectX build of puNES because I always use the SDL/OpenGL version but he seems to use the latter as he mentioned OpenGL GLSL.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: puNES Emulator
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:39 pm
Posts: 9
@koitsu @Black Zero Thanks for the info. I thought D3D9 meant Direct 3d or something else for advanced pc's and that SDL was the regular standard version because I don't know anything about computers LOL. I have always had problems with OpenGL with other emulators for example when I try openGL with Snes9x it stops responding and shuts down. I tried the D3D9 version and it works perfect. Thanks again.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: puNES Emulator
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:14 pm
Posts: 38
BaconIsGood16 wrote:
@koitsu @Black Zero Thanks for the info. I thought D3D9 meant Direct 3d or something else for advanced pc's and that SDL was the regular standard version because I don't know anything about computers LOL. I have always had problems with OpenGL with other emulators for example when I try openGL with Snes9x it stops responding and shuts down. I tried the D3D9 version and it works perfect. Thanks again.


Glad it worked out for you!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: puNES Emulator
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:45 pm
Posts: 1
BaconIsGood16 wrote:
When I start any game I get a weird colored palette because of the new Open GL GLSL option and when I change the video rendering to software the palette colors go back to normal but the fullscreen option gets disabled.


Had same problem. Turned off Pixel Aspect Ratio - GLSL soft stretch and colors are normal.

Bug? 8:7 aspect ratio + Use NTSC RGB filter + Fullscreen = doesn't look correct ratio using Tepples' 240pee.nes (linearity test) - looks 1:1 unstretched

Also if I use PAL mode, how do I switch to PAL TV aspect ratio?

Thank you for great project (and adding Firebrandx palette)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: puNES Emulator
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:38 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:14 pm
Posts: 38
Great work on the 0100 release, and a big congratulations on that part making it to 100!

I'm really digging the Unlimited Sprites option.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 721 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 49  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group