Nestopia's back from the dead

Discuss emulation of the Nintendo Entertainment System and Famicom.

Moderator: Moderators

koitsu

Re: Nestopia's back from the dead

Post by koitsu »

Eugene.S

Post by Eugene.S »

Very BIG thanks to FHorse. He can fix all dendy glitches.
Problem was in the part of the code added since 1.38. Vblank and NMI flags were set prior of sleep scanlines.

Here is original nestopia 1.40 with patch applied.
Also NstApu.cpp was fixed, disabled the part of code which cause audioglitches, thanks to Martin Freij, who helped me via facebook.

Patch was sent to nue developers:
https://github.com/rdanbrook/nestopia/issues/46
Attachments
Original_Nestopia_1.40_Fixed_by_FHorse.7z
(955.11 KiB) Downloaded 169 times
Great Hierophant

Post by Great Hierophant »

There is an amusing bug with the most recent version of Nestopia UE, Castlevania US, either revision will fail miserably just after you enter the castle gates. You will see a glitchy background and instantly fall to your death. This does not happen with the European or Japanese cart, PlayChoice-10 or disk versions.
koitsu

Post by koitsu »

Great Hierophant wrote:There is an amusing bug with the most recent version of Nestopia UE, Castlevania US, either revision will fail miserably just after you enter the castle gates. You will see a glitchy background and instantly fall to your death. This does not happen with the European or Japanese cart, PlayChoice-10 or disk versions.
Can't confirm this, using Nestopia UE 1.47 (af82db9253b91a00cd1e9ef2281676ab *nestopia_1.47-win32.zip, from here), testing using the below two ROMs:

00d93c9f6b8aefb8b6c02b20147df4ec *Castlevania (U) (PRG0) [!].nes
52eb3f7e2c5fc765aa71f21c85f0770e *Castlevania (U) (PRG1) [!].nes

Make sure you don't have any "Cheats" loaded (Options -> Cheats), temporary or permanent, that don't match the specific game checksum. I've been bitten by this more than once.
tokumaru

Post by tokumaru »

koitsu wrote:Make sure you don't have any "Cheats" loaded (Options -> Cheats), temporary or permanent, that don't match the specific game checksum. I've been bitten by this more than once.
Same here.
Eugene.S

Post by Eugene.S »

I can't confirm this too, using lastest Nestopia UE 1.48wip (build 13 june 2016) with applied dendy-patches.

Note that:
FHorse wrote:Watching routine Ppu::Run you can easily see that the flag of VBLANK and the NMI are performed to cycles.hClock 681 (HCLOCK_VBLANK_0), 682 (HCLOCK_VBLANK_1) and 684 (HCLOCK_VBLANK_2) that is virtually one scanline after the VACTIVE (240) scanlines. This is fine for PPU_RP2C02 (NTSC) and PPU_RP2C07 (PAL) but not for PPU_DENDY that needs another 50 sleep scanlines. What I did was nothing more than adding these 50 scanlines first of the HCLOCK_VBLANK_0 that are performed only when the variable (ssleep >= 0) and this is true only in the case of PPU_DENDY.

This way I left intact the logic with which the routine work for NTSC and PAL, intervening only for Dendy mode because ssleep will always be -1 for PPU_RP2C02 and PPU_RP2C07.

I hope that I was able to explain well.
Great Hierophant

Post by Great Hierophant »

koitsu wrote:
Great Hierophant wrote:Make sure you don't have any "Cheats" loaded (Options -> Cheats), temporary or permanent, that don't match the specific game checksum. I've been bitten by this more than once.
D'oh! I had some cheats enabled, I totally forgot about that. Disabling them fixed these games. Sorry about that silly mistake.

One thing that isn't a bug, Windows Nestopia UE 1.47 will crash if I try to load The Incredible Crash Dummies or Mickey's Safari in Letterland with the iNES 2.0 header set to the Acclaim MMC3 clone.
zxbdragon

Post by zxbdragon »

Great Hierophant wrote:
koitsu wrote:
Great Hierophant wrote:Make sure you don't have any "Cheats" loaded (Options -> Cheats), temporary or permanent, that don't match the specific game checksum. I've been bitten by this more than once.
D'oh! I had some cheats enabled, I totally forgot about that. Disabling them fixed these games. Sorry about that silly mistake.

One thing that isn't a bug, Windows Nestopia UE 1.47 will crash if I try to load The Incredible Crash Dummies or Mickey's Safari in Letterland with the iNES 2.0 header set to the Acclaim MMC3 clone.
class NST_NO_VTABLE McAcc : public Board ---> class McAcc : public Board
or new class ,class McAcc_TxRom:public McAcc