Japanese nesdev/fcdev forums

Japanese-language board. ファミコン向けの日本語のフォーラム

Moderator: Moderators

MetalSlime

Japanese nesdev/fcdev forums

Post by MetalSlime »

Does anybody know of any Japanese nesdev or fcdev forums like this one, but in Japanese?
MetalSlime runs away.
Celius

Post by Celius »

I don't know of any forums like this that are completely in Japanese, but in this FCDev section you can ask questions in Japanese. Let's see, uh, Koko ni nihongo de kiku koto ga dekimasu. I think I said what I meant to say :) . But not very many people speak Japanese here. I'm studying, and have to google over half of the kanji I see. Quietust, who used to be one of the most active users here, and a moderator, was quite fluent in Japanese and often got on my case for attempting to speak it when I couldn't :) . But he's been gone for a few years now... I guess if you wanted to ask stuff in Japanese, you could and a few of the users here (Banshaku for example, who I believe lives in Japan) would be able to answer your questions. I'd try and understand what was written and formulate a decent response, and it would be good exercise for me, but then you might as well be speaking English!
Banshaku

Post by Banshaku »

Good question. I didn't find any but I was not seriously searching. I ended once on a BBS that was talking about nes programming but never took the time to read in depth. If I find back the link, I will let you know but I don't think it was something similar to nesdev.
MetalSlime

Post by MetalSlime »

My native language is English, so I don't really have any need to ask questions in Japanese just for the sake of speaking Japanese. I just thought it would be cool if there was a forum full of Japanese homebrew FC developers somewhere. Then I could go there and practice Japanese and NESDev at the same time. It would be like combining two hobbies into one. :) My Japanese reading is at a level now to where I think I could hang.
Koko ni nihongo de kiku koto ga dekimasu
Close. You'd probably want a "koko de" instead of "koko ni". :)
If I find back the link, I will let you know but I don't think it was something similar to nesdev.
Cool. Let me know if you find it. I'll do some more searching myself.
Banshaku

Post by Banshaku »

MetalSlime wrote:Cool. Let me know if you find it. I'll do some more searching myself.
I found something interesting but not related to bbs here.

I didn't have time to read it yet (since my kanji level suck) but there's some story about the days of the famicom when it started, programming etc. There's even some prototype image of the famicom that I never seen before too. Will try to read it soon.
6502freak

Post by 6502freak »

Banshaku wrote:
MetalSlime wrote:Cool. Let me know if you find it. I'll do some more searching myself.
I found something interesting but not related to bbs here.

I didn't have time to read it yet (since my kanji level suck) but there's some story about the days of the famicom when it started, programming etc. There's even some prototype image of the famicom that I never seen before too. Will try to read it soon.
Cool! That is probably the prototype Nintendo was showing to Atari, running Popeye.
Memblers
Site Admin

Post by Memblers »

That is a really fascinating article. BTW, I always used http://excite.co.jp/world/url for translations. I'm not sure if it's the same or better than other translation software, but can understand 99% of anything with it.

If there are any active development forums in Japan, I'd hope they'd be aware of this place and know that they're welcome to join in. I always read the posts here using translation software.
Banshaku

Post by Banshaku »

Memblers wrote:That is a really fascinating article. BTW, I always used http://excite.co.jp/world/url for translations.
I'm using excite world every day for work since 3 years ago. Of course it's not always perfect but give acceptable results (but I guess I should focus on studying more kanji but .. don't always have time at work). I saw people at the office sometime use www.alc.co.jp for translating words.
6502Freak wrote:This article is pure gold.
Good to see that this article that I found by accident was worth it ;) Now this morning I just realized that one of the site I found yesterday by searching ファミコン開発(famicom kaihatsu -> famicom development) is maybe the Pasofami author site and he's still selling it (1700 yen). A new version seems to have came out in 2009. I need to confirm it to make sure it's really the original author.

I will continue to search for japanese site and post some results here. Maybe I should get in touch with a few of them. No luck for any community with the search query ファミコン開発コミュニティ yet.
Banshaku

Post by Banshaku »

I found back the link:

http://www.23ch.info/test/read.cgi/gamedev/1135099156/

I never found the time to read it thought. Some people on a BBS talking about nes programming.
Myask

Re:

Post by Myask »

Banshaku wrote:I found back the link:

http://www.23ch.info/test/read.cgi/gamedev/1135099156/

I never found the time to read it thought. Some people on a BBS talking about nes programming.
Domain's lapsed, and been parked, it seems…alas.

Curious if anyone knows where FCdev is discussed now. Alas that I've let my Japanese get rusty…
「他のBBSでファミコン開発に話し合っていますか?」

すみませんが、私は日本語の書くことに慣れていません…
Banshaku

Re: Japanese nesdev/fcdev forums

Post by Banshaku »

That's quite an old topic that I didn't see in a while! This is a good question.

My guess I would search for anything that would be a bulletin board (掲示板) but for now I only found pages from users that have tutorial that were not updated in years. One looked like a translation of patater tutorial ^^;; Another site was last updated in 2007 and still have links to parodius so for now.. A quick search doesn't find anything new.

There is good chances that nesdev is the bbs that still have a lot of activity everyday about nes programming.