Introducing a new emulator?

Discuss emulation of the Nintendo Entertainment System and Famicom.

Moderator: Moderators

Sarospa

Introducing a new emulator?

Post by Sarospa »

Hello! So, recently I have started working on an NES emulator as a bit of a hobby project. I was not planning to go into any detail about this project, since it kinda seems like 'just another NES emulator', which is why I was a bit surprised to see my name pop up in NES DEV wiki's Emulators page. I suppose it's out there now, and rather than just leaving it a big question mark, I thought I'd at least ask if folks were interested in getting a little more detail about what I'm working on. I can post more about it here, or just fill in the gaps over at the wiki. What would be most useful?
fred

Re: Introducing a new emulator?

Post by fred »

Hey, congrats on writing an emulator! Seeing your own code making super mario bros playable is pretty cool, haha!
koitsu

Post by koitsu »

Sarospa wrote:Hello! So, recently I have started working on an NES emulator as a bit of a hobby project. I was not planning to go into any detail about this project, since it kinda seems like 'just another NES emulator', which is why I was a bit surprised to see my name pop up in NES DEV wiki's Emulators page. I suppose it's out there now, and rather than just leaving it a big question mark, I thought I'd at least ask if folks were interested in getting a little more detail about what I'm working on. I can post more about it here, or just fill in the gaps over at the wiki. What would be most useful?
Any time I find someone on the Internet writing a NES emulator, I add it to the page. Yup, it's that simple. There are certainly hundreds more I don't know about. It's been out of hand/out of control for a very long time.

Before editing the page (and you are absolutely encouraged to), please "review" what existing links go where and so on. In other words: please keep the syntax/formatting/layout of the information as it is currently. It's intended to be simple/concise for a reason.
Near
Founder of higan project

Post by Near »

I like that you have nSide, and even name the description as a fork of my NES emulator, yet don't have my NES emulator in your list :P

(I don't mind though, nSide is superior in every way. If people want to use higan for NES emulation, they'd be much better served with nSide.)
koitsu

Post by koitsu »

I've added it.

I put as little time into that wiki page as humanly possible. It's a bit of a double-edged sword page, for reasons I'd rather not go into.