Mega Man Legacy Collection rom dump

Are you new to 6502, NES, or even programming in general? Post any of your questions here. Remember - the only dumb question is the question that remains unasked.

Moderator: Moderators

kjetil_f

Mega Man Legacy Collection rom dump

Post by kjetil_f »

Is there any way to dump the roms from the Mega Man Legacy Collection (PC)? I managed to do so with the Sega games at Steam (and use them with my Mega Everdrive) so I was thinking it's probably possible to do it with Mega Man as well :-)

And btw, are there other legal roms for sale out there I should know about? A easy way to dump VC games, maybe?

PS I know it's much easier to just download the roms from the internet and have no problem with that. But what's the fun in that? :-D
calima

Re: Mega Man Legacy Collection rom dump

Post by calima »

You should be able to copy the roms off the Classic NES, the same way you'd add ones.
kjetil_f

Post by kjetil_f »

calima wrote:You should be able to copy the roms off the Classic NES, the same way you'd add ones.
Yeah. That would work I guess. Still waiting for my copy :?
thefox

Post by thefox »

kjetil_f wrote:And btw, are there other legal roms for sale out there I should know about? A easy way to dump VC games, maybe?
Dunno about easy (never did it, except for some help with dumping the Donkey Kong Pie Factory edition), but it's definitely possible to dump ROMs off the Wii Virtual Console.
Download STREEMERZ for NES from fauxgame.com! — Some other stuff I've done: fo.aspekt.fi
lidnariq

Post by lidnariq »

kjetil_f wrote:A easy way to dump VC games, maybe?
I remember encountering that as something I got straightforward answers via any search engine.
kjetil_f

Post by kjetil_f »

lidnariq wrote:
kjetil_f wrote:A easy way to dump VC games, maybe?
I remember encountering that as something I got straightforward answers via any search engine.
Found a lot of answers around the web, but not a single straightforward one. I'm more of a step-by-step/tutorial kinda guy :?
dustmop

Post by dustmop »

My understanding is that the Mega Man Legacy Collection doesn't contain any ROMS, rather the games have been transpiled to some other native target.

See this GDC talk, 48 minute mark: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLWY7fCXUwE#t=48m00s
kjetil_f

Post by kjetil_f »

dustmop wrote:My understanding is that the Mega Man Legacy Collection doesn't contain any ROMS, rather the games have been transpiled to some other native target.

See this GDC talk, 48 minute mark: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLWY7fCXUwE#t=48m00s
Well, I guess that settles that, then. Interesting talk btw. Let's hope his voice gets heard :D