YPbPr ouput mod for SNES consoles (Resurrected)

Discussion of hardware and software development for Super NES and Super Famicom. See the SNESdev wiki for more information.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
  • For making cartridges of your Super NES games, see Reproduction.
tepples

Re: YPbPr ouput mod for SNES consoles (Resurrected)

Post by tepples »

I guess that depends on whether existing VGA automatic switches are suitable for video with a 15.7 kHz (240p/480i) horizontal frequency, as opposed to VGA which rarely dips below 31.5 kHz (480p).
kriskizlyk

Post by kriskizlyk »

Thanks for responding. I kinda gave up on this project...there were to many variables and too much messing around. I kinda took a turn into Hyperspin and emulation...sure its not the most "real feals" but a huge time saver. I bought a Framemeiser, and have only used it twice. For me it was a waste of $700...kind of a shame that it now just sits in my closet.
mikejmoffitt

Post by mikejmoffitt »

tepples wrote:I guess that depends on whether existing VGA automatic switches are suitable for video with a 15.7 kHz (240p/480i) horizontal frequency, as opposed to VGA which rarely dips below 31.5 kHz (480p).
Every automatic one I've used was fine with 15Khz horizontal frequency, and also handled composite-sync through the H-sync pins just fine. The horizontal refresh range and sync composition are the only substantial differences between VGA and the traditional RGB semi-defacto-standard.
kriskizlyk wrote:Thanks for responding. I kinda gave up on this project...there were to many variables and too much messing around. I kinda took a turn into Hyperspin and emulation...sure its not the most "real feals" but a huge time saver. I bought a Framemeiser, and have only used it twice. For me it was a waste of $700...kind of a shame that it now just sits in my closet.
$700? For $700 I hope you got several Framemeisters!