Any bootleg NES games you know of?

You can talk about almost anything that you want to on this board.

Moderator: Moderators

DementedPurple

Any bootleg NES games you know of?

Post by DementedPurple »

I'm making a YouTube video where I make fun of a bunch of bootleg games, and I want to know if you know of any that would make a good reaction.
Dwedit

Re: Any bootleg NES games you know of?

Post by Dwedit »

Be unoriginal and just go with 7 Grand Dad.
Talking about bootleg games is a dead horse that has been beaten so many times...
Here come the fortune cookies! Here come the fortune cookies! They're wearing paper hats!
dougeff

Post by dougeff »

I kind of like many of the unlicensed games. If you just want a bad game to make fun of...

The religious themed games fit that. Bible Buffet. Bible Adventures. Or,

Krazy Kreatures, maybe? Or some of the Maxi 15 games.

And the obvious... Action 52, and follow up unfinished game Cheetahmen II.
nesdoug.com -- blog/tutorial on programming for the NES
DementedPurple

Post by DementedPurple »

Dwedit wrote:Be unoriginal and just go with 7 Grand Dad.
I knew somebody would say that.
tepples

Post by tepples »

But make sure they're games whose development was someone's day job. Action 52 yes, Action 53 no. From BootlegGames Wiki's criteria for inclusion:
Articles we DON'T want
Homebrew Games/ROM hacks of licensed games
- Homebrew games are technically unlicensed games and some are even sold as carts. The general difference between these and the unlicensed games documented on this wiki is that the former is made as a hobby and usually don't have a full-time development team behind them.
Punch

Post by Punch »

All I can say is at least you're not going to call homebrews "hacks" and bootlegs/romhacks "homebrews" unlike many other famous youtubers that don't bother to do the most basic research. I'm still recovering from Mike calling Streemerz a "Bionic Commando hack".
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
Pokun

Post by Pokun »

If you are just looking for funny unlicensed games, bootlegs or not, there are tons of threads about this on Famicom World and Nintendo Age forums (Nintendo Age are said to have lots of bad humour though). Here's a thread about funny artwork.

One famous unlicensed original game with funny Mario artwork is Dianshi Mali. It's a video game variant of the Taiwanese roulette gambling machines that for some reason often have a Mario theme.