Scroll glitches after binding it with button

Discuss technical or other issues relating to programming the Nintendo Entertainment System, Famicom, or compatible systems. See the NESdev wiki for more information.

Moderator: Moderators

tepples

Re: Scroll glitches after binding it with button

Post by tepples »

My cousin is making Nova the Squirrel and has put its source code on GitHub.
TeMaToS

Post by TeMaToS »

tepples wrote:My cousin is making Nova the Squirrel and has put its source code on GitHub.
Damn man! Its awesome! You know, this night i exactly look at his game, but i don't see source code in this forum. Realy cool side scroll, thank you and your cousin!))
TeMaToS

Post by TeMaToS »

tepples wrote:My cousin is making Nova the Squirrel and has put its source code on GitHub.
Oh, I saw that it's C language. I know this language but I wanna to make it in assembler((
TeMaToS

Post by TeMaToS »

I'll give you .nes file of my game to better understending for you what happens with my game
Attachments
controller.nes
(24.02 KiB) Downloaded 141 times
tepples

Post by tepples »

TeMaToS wrote:
Oh, I saw that it's C language. I know this language but I wanna to make it in assembler((
Which files are in C? The entire src folder (the game itself) is in assembly language, though some of the processes to convert things like images or audio to a format usable by the engine use tools written in C or Python that run on the PC when the game is built.
TeMaToS

Post by TeMaToS »

tepples wrote:
TeMaToS wrote:
Which files are in C? The entire src folder (the game itself) is in assembly language, though some of the processes to convert things like images or audio to a format usable by the engine use tools written in C or Python that run on the PC when the game is built.
Oh, grate. But how to compile this game? Can you tell me that please?

I believe that there is a side scrolling system writed by hends, without allready created programs.
NovaSquirrel

Post by NovaSquirrel »

TeMaToS wrote:Oh, grate. But how to compile this game? Can you tell me that please?
With ca65 and ld65 on the path, run mk.bat. I think the only C parts are the level editor, dialog compiler and table creator.
TeMaToS

Post by TeMaToS »

NovaSquirrel wrote:
TeMaToS wrote:Oh, grate. But how to compile this game? Can you tell me that please?
With ca65 and ld65 on the path, run mk.bat. I think the only C parts are the level editor, dialog compiler and table creator.
Hey!) I'ts you make Nova The Squirrel?)
Yes, I try to open this file, but in the window i see writes: "ca65" is not internal/external command. It's mean that I need to install ca65?
TeMaToS

Post by TeMaToS »

NovaSquirrel wrote:
Looking at your game and manual in nesdev i think that I understand my problem. It's could consist in column drawing, i drow only one column when it's devide by 8, and I need to make two columns becose it better to align tiles with atributes. Ma be it's help to someone)
TeMaToS

Post by TeMaToS »

HEY ALL GUYS!
I SOLVE MY PROBLEM!!
AMA MAZA-FAZA GENIOUS!!!

Ok, believe that my reply help to someone. The problem existed in deviding scroll by 8. In bunnyboy tutorial, the sample code has side scrolling system only when character always go right. So I sink that only removing increment of scroll to move button will gives a needeble effect. But it was wrong thing. Becouse you need to do increment in two places:
1) when the scroll get the 0 positions, becouse it makes always switching between NT.
2) Is when scroll divide by 8 to check new column, you must to increment scroll to or to disable infinity column drawings.

Thats all:)
Thanks for all you guys, who try to help me))))
It's realy awesome to speak with like-mind people!))