FCEUX crashes when I close a ROM

Discuss emulation of the Nintendo Entertainment System and Famicom.

Moderator: Moderators

dustmop

Re: FCEUX crashes when I close a ROM

Post by dustmop »

I apologize, it was mostly out of frustration that I'd have to relearn git-svn and manage to update code without ruining some private branches. Did not mean any derision against the FCEUX maintainers.
dustmop

Post by dustmop »

The fix was really simple. I submitted an issue and the fix at https://sourceforge.net/p/fceultra/bugs/804/ in case anyone is interested. Patch is attached in case you want to build from source yourself.
Attachments
ntsc-close.patch
(875 Bytes) Downloaded 189 times
rainwarrior

Post by rainwarrior »

Thanks for the patch. I pushed it through.
tokumaru

Post by tokumaru »

Cool! Thanks a bunch guys, for working on this!
calima

Post by calima »

tepples wrote:What's the practical difference between a diff -ub attachment to an issue in an issue tracker and a pull request in a web frontend to Git, other than that the latter has automatic checking for whether it merges cleanly?
Laziness, every additional step discourages contribution.

That said, scons is also a barrier, it's a terrible build system that almost nobody uses, but perhaps I'm in the minority with this opinion.
tepples

Post by tepples »

calima wrote:
tepples wrote:What's the practical difference between a diff -ub attachment to an issue in an issue tracker and a pull request in a web frontend to Git, other than that the latter has automatic checking for whether it merges cleanly?
Laziness, every additional step discourages contribution.
Everything's a step, including the choice of repository host. For example, FCEUX not following the masses from SourceForge to GitHub introduces a step because potential contributors are more likely to already have only a GitHub account and thus have to register for SourceForge. Or a different project using GitLab or Savannah when a particular contributor uses GitHub or Bitbucket or SourceForge also introduces a step. But some more purist projects consider it an essential one because GitHub and SourceForge don't work unless a user whitelists the site's proprietary JavaScript.
krzysiobal

Post by krzysiobal »

I had the problem with crashing on FCEUX when I was playing with adding new mappers and launched newly produced INES 2.0 ROM with CHR-ROM banks set to 0 and CHR-RAM size in INES2.0 part also set to 0.
Myask

Post by Myask »

huh, I presumed they'd already implemented Magic Floor's CHRless mapper (the one using the CIRAM as CHR)?

Why [else] would you want CHRless?