another strange oddity Hi-Def Nes mod

Discuss hardware-related topics, such as development cartridges, CopyNES, PowerPak, EPROMs, or whatever.

Moderator: Moderators

acidrain97

another strange oddity Hi-Def Nes mod

Post by acidrain97 »

Has anyone played VS Super Mario Bros. /w Coin up patch? For some strange reason v2.25 firmware with An EDN8 (v16) works 100%. With Hi-def v3.10 any level that features 1-1 music the volume goes up and down never really constant. According to EDN8 uses mapper 64 which is supported. I tried using a lower version of the EDN8 and see if it was a mapper issue same results. I restored the v2.25 firmware all is good again. Any fixes or just another weird bug?

thanx
-ACiD
lidnariq

Re: another strange oddity Hi-Def Nes mod

Post by lidnariq »

It is exceptionally unlikely that your header specifying mapper 64 is accurate.

Mapper 64 was an unlicensed mapper used by a few Tengen games.
tepples

Post by tepples »

Mapper 64 on an NROM game sounds like your ROM has DiskDude! disease. How'd you dump the copy of SMB that you patched?
acidrain97

Post by acidrain97 »

tepples wrote:Mapper 64 on an NROM game sounds like your ROM has DiskDude! disease. How'd you dump the copy of SMB that you patched?
Didn't dump anything. It was .nes rom I've had for ages. Probably got off the newsgroups. I got the coin patch from http://nes.goondocks.se/patches2.php. I would love to upload the .nes file but I don't think it's allowed. Used an ISP patcher and works nicely in any emulator or an EDN8.

Here is what the EDN8 is reporting
mapper 1 + SS
PRG Size: 2
CHR Size: 4
Memory :RAM+BAT
Mirror : H
Supported

I would love to know if people are getting the same audio problem I am. Hi-def (v3.10) /w EDN8 (v16)
Again v2.25 audio works fine

Who knows where I got the 64 from. Maybe from an emulator or something. my mistake.
lidnariq

Post by lidnariq »

Er. Which of orbit2002's patches did you apply? I feel blind, but I don't see something that's obviously to be applied against Vs. SMB
acidrain97

Post by acidrain97 »

lidnariq wrote:Er. Which of orbit2002's patches did you apply? I feel blind, but I don't see something that's obviously to be applied against Vs. SMB
VS. SUPER MARIO BROS.
- HOME EDITION -
(C)1986 NINTENDO
(C)2014 RUSTED LOGIC/WIXSOFT
version 1.1 - 6/18/14

here is the patch I'm using. where can i find orbit2002's patches?
lidnariq

Post by lidnariq »

orbit2002 ≈ nes.goondocks.se

So I'm not certain exactly what you did. You found this patch, probably pre-applied, and then what?