It is currently Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:44 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:56 am 

So I recently picked myself up a Sharp Twin Famicom and an FDS Stick to play around with and the device works when I plug the stick into the RAM adapter in the cartridge slot, but I'm trying to use the internal RAM cart in the sharp twin so I don't always have to have this big square sticking out of the top anytime I wish to use the FDS Stick(not to mention I could just leave the stick plugged in all the time without hogging the cartridge slot).

When I go via the RAM adapter/cartridge slot method, the games boot up just fine with no issues to note.

When I use the Sharp Twin's internal RAM adapter via Port C, the FDS stick boots and I get the game list, but clicking one goes to the FDS screen as usual, sits for a few seconds, then scrolls back over to the game list as if the RAM adapter just booted or something.

I've rewritten the OS once thinking it was bugged and then tried various ROMs assuming maybe I picked a bad one (using No Intro set), but they all had the same behavior.

Anyone ever come across this or have any suggestions?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:36 am 

Is this a newer fdsstick (256M version)? How is it connected to port C? DIY cable? Or did you buy the little adapter board?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:33 am 

loopy wrote:
Is this a newer fdsstick (256M version)? How is it connected to port C? DIY cable? Or did you buy the little adapter board?

Yeah, this is the 256M version and it is indeed connected to port C via the adapter board / official FDS RAM cart cable combo.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:35 pm 

Try putting only one game on the fdsstick and see if it runs. I think I know what's wrong (problem with the data write line).

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:52 pm 

loopy wrote:
Try putting only one game on the fdsstick and see if it runs. I think I know what's wrong (problem with the data write line).

So I did this just now and it went straight to the game. Had no selection menu. Even tested flipping to side B and it worked just fine, suggesting your theory is correct here.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:30 am 

AllisonChan wrote:
loopy wrote:

So I did this just now and it went straight to the game. Had no selection menu. Even tested flipping to side B and it worked just fine, suggesting your theory is correct here.

Side note, out of curiosity, I created a file and saved successfully in Zelda 1 (happened to be the 1 game I left on the stick) and that worked just fine.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:05 am 

Hmm. That's not what I expected.
Try running this - http://3dscapture.com/junk/bioschecksum.zip

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:15 am 

loopy wrote:
Hmm. That's not what I expected.
Try running this - http://3dscapture.com/junk/bioschecksum.zip

Ran that and it returned "49FB".