A new NES project

Discuss technical or other issues relating to programming the Nintendo Entertainment System, Famicom, or compatible systems. See the NESdev wiki for more information.

Moderator: Moderators

Bregalad

A new NES project

Post by Bregalad »

I've just updated a new website about a NES game I'm making.
It will be a RolePlayingGame using MMC5 EKROM board.
I'm doing this in my whole spare time with some friend, and I'll try to do it really great.
To know more about it, here you are the link : http://jonathan.microclub.ch/Rainbow/en/index.php

:arrow: PS : I need someone to test my programms on a real hardware because I'haven't (yet ?) any MMC5 devcart. I'm making it on EKROM (with one 8kb SRAM chip) to do it softwarely 100% compatible both with ETROM and EWROM.
Useless, lumbering half-wits don't scare us.
merp

Script editing

Post by merp »

My school semester is ending shortly. I'll have more time to do leisure activities soon. I'd like to lend my hand in script editing. It seems you may need help with the grammatical aspects of your scripts. I'm confident in my English skills.

I could start by formatting your webpage in a more organized manner and correct the spelling errors if you choose. I think you would have more positive publicity if you allowed me to.

Bonne chance.
Bregalad

Post by Bregalad »

Of coure, any help in any part of my project is very welcome.
My english site is for sure full of mispellings and gramatical mistakes, but my project will never be know with only a french-language website.
I think the oddest place is the character description, I'm really confused with this kind of stuff.
You actually just have to download the 3 english html pages on your computer (regardeless of the css data, images, etc...) then you can change them and send this better version to me. That's very kind of you 8)
Bregalad

Post by Bregalad »

Now the new eglish page by Merp is avalible. It's really better than the old one.
Please take a look on it :http://jonathan.microclub.ch/Rainbow/en/index.html
Great Hierophant

Post by Great Hierophant »

Just as a suggestion, I would use ETROM nstead of EKROM. EKROM, used only in Gemfire, is a rare game and perhaps Koei's best NES release. ETROM has 16KB of W-RAM (only 8KB battery backed) and is found in Bandit Kings of Ancient China, L'Empereur, Nobunagas Ambition 2 and Uncharted Waters, most of which are more common.
Bregalad

Post by Bregalad »

I use EKROM beacause it's 100% compatible both with ETROM and EWROM (so the game can run or any ETROM or EWROM devcard).
But, if I need more SRAM, I'll certainly it on ETROM or EWROM (but EWROM is often badly emulated beacause of 32kb SRAM).