It is currently Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:16 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 377 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26
 Post subject: Re: Mesen - NES Emulator
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:36 pm 

No worries, it's by fixing the nitpicky stuff that you get a polished UI :p I don't actually use the debugging tools all that much myself (other than the times I'm trying to figure out why a particular rom doesn't work properly in Mesen, that is), so it's very helpful to have the opinion of people who actually use it for rom hacks or homebrew dev and the like.

2- I'll try to come up with something for this. At the moment, pondering the idea of adding an icon on the right-hand side of the current code row that could be used to open the memory tools at that location (and potentially other things?). I'd only show the icon for the row below the mouse cursor or such. Not quite sure just yet.

3- I'll keep it like it is for now then, and see if other people ask for the same thing or not.

4- That's mostly due to the fact that I try to make each tool fit in 1024x768 res, maximum. Which leaves about 700ish pixels when you factor in the taskbar. So all that blank space can't actually have anything that's permanently there, otherwise the UI would break on smaller screens. I just added a "Use Vertical Layout" option, though. This will move the label/function lists from the right side to the empty spot, which removes any empty space and makes better use of the available space at larger resolutions.

5- I added a warning/confirmation when changing the font for any tool that warns if the font doesn't appear to be a monospace font.

6- All debugger tools should now remember their last position, and I also made the hex editor remember the memory type setting. Like you said, though, this will conflict with the F1 shortcut, but there isn't too much I can do about that.
In general, all settings should be remembered. If you find anything that doesn't get saved, let me know, it's probably a bug.

Here's a build with the changes: download
Let me know what you think.

Post subject: Re: Mesen - NES Emulator
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:37 pm 

Sour, it seems that after creating something like 5 trace log files, Mesen starts creating trace log files with "Additional information (IRQ, NMI, etc.)" disabled, even if it is checked. The only solution I've found to correct this is to close and reopen Mesen.

"Additional information..." is important for me because it provides a nice seperation between frames. (I'm using a condition pc != $c2ad && pc != $c2af to skip all of the frame filler at the end of each frame. So helpful! :)) Is this fixable? It has happened like four different times.

p.s. Sorry, but I feel this is important. My Override is:
Code:
f[FrameCount][Align,8][A,h]|[X,h]|[Y,h]  [P,8]`[SP,h]  *[PC,h]:[ByteCode,11h]|[Disassembly][EffectiveAddress] [MemoryValue,h]

My Windows Notepad uses the Courier New font and after searching through Windows Character Map the * character is actually Unicode character U+08EF: Undefined in Courier New, but wasn't sure how to print that character here using this tablet. That character is important to me because it is a tiny mark that appears underneath the first character of the PC and that lower mark straightens each line (the ` messed up each line, for me, before adding U+08EF). Note: there's a name for characters that appear below or above other characters, but I don't remember the name :oops:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 377 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26