It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:04 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:10 am 

Yes, MAME supports Dual Vs.

As for Barcode Readers, a more convenient interface at least for the Datach variant would be to allow the user to select a barcode from a pre-made list of codes, in addition to allowing the user to input a custom barcode as a number. Each Datach game (except Crayon Shin-chan) came with 40 character cards, without the code being printed on them as a number, and a user-friendly emulator would allow them to be selected by name. Unfortunately, I only have the code list for Datach Dragon Ball Z (from a website), not for any of the other games.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:56 pm 

Is the Game Action Replay documented? I have one but no idea if it's really documented anywhere, I know they are not common and have a limited lifespan due to the battery inside

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:00 pm 

The NES Port Test Cart requires an unemulated accessory in order to pass, discussed here. There's also the peripheral that activates the SRAM check in Megami Tensei II. Both of these are really only good for novelty purposes, but they're totally unemulated, AFAIK.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:39 pm 

I found some info about the Study Box just now, there seem to be a whole lot of it even in wikipedia. Unfortunately I don't have the time right now to translate the article... maybe tomorrow.
https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%82%B9 ... F%E3%82%B9

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:57 pm 

The PowerPak and EverDrive themselves aren't emulated. Would it even be practical to emulate an FPGA based on its bitstream?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:12 pm 

Not really.

Maybe given a flashcart where the bitstream was sufficiently documented ... but even then, I'd bet real-time emulation of the bitstream would be comparable in computational load to Visual2x0x.