New Reproduction PCBs Available!!

Discussion of hardware and software development for Super NES and Super Famicom. See the SNESdev wiki for more information.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
  • For making cartridges of your Super NES games, see Reproduction.
darcoza

New Reproduction PCBs Available!!

Post by darcoza »

Hi everyone!

I've just finished up work on some PCB designs and thought some of you here might be interested in them. I've got a handful of designs that I will be posting over the next couple of weeks but here is the first:

These are for 8Mbit Hirom or Lorom reproductions using the popular M27C801. This is especially handy for those who only have the popular Tl866 programmer as larger EPROMs are not supported. They come with Super CICs preprogrammed and soldered on as well as the capacitors so all you have to do is program the 801 slot it in and solder it. No swapbinning, no PIC programming, no wiring required. It's a huge time saver!

Here is a video of me demonstrating their use to a friend of mine:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=755b3Vt ... e=youtu.be

I've got a small batch of them on Etsy here:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/605289223/ ... e_active_1

But I'm getting ready to place a much larger order very soon so if you are interested in this or other boards please let me know so I can more accurately order.

There is space on the boards for various LEDs also for transparent shells, I plan to assemble some with and without these. I also am finishing the final touches on a PCB that uses the 801 but also supports up to 256K of RAM for save states, a board that uses the M27C160 EPROM for 16Mbit games, and another that uses M27C322 with built in decoders and up to 256K RAM all coming very soon.
lidnariq

Re: New Reproduction PCBs Available!!

Post by lidnariq »

darcoza wrote:But I'm getting ready to place a much larger order very soon
It might help you save a few pennies to use my port of the supercic key to the pic10f322, which is a little smaller.

Also, 27c800s are really amazingly expensive :( it might be worthwhile to include with solder jumpers to support the SST39 series of flash.
darcoza

Post by darcoza »

Wow! Thanks for the tip on the 10f322 I may have to make another revision to start using those in the future! and being able to program it through the cart slot would be super convenient!

Can you tell me a little more about these SST39? How much can they hold, what packages do they come in, operating voltage, and general price range? And can they be programmed on a TL866?

I can usually find M27C801s for about $2 and M27C160s and M27C322s for $1 are these that much cheaper?

Sorry for all the questions you just have me intrigued :) If these meet my design goals then I may have more versions I need to design quickly!
Thanks!
lidnariq

Post by lidnariq »

darcoza wrote:Can you tell me a little more about these SST39? How much can they hold, what packages do they come in, operating voltage, and general price range? And can they be programmed on a TL866?
SST39SF010A, SST39SF020A, SST39SF040. 128KiB, 256KiB, 512KiB. DIP, PLCC, TSOP. 5V. Prices on the order of 80c/ up to $1.40/. Yes.

Cheapest prices are often direct from Microchip.
I can usually find M27C801s for about $2 [...] are these that much cheaper?
Apparently not. I'd heard much worse prices for the 27C800s.
Erockbrox

Post by Erockbrox »

If I paypal you $5 can you send me one single PCB? I live in USA.
darcoza

Post by darcoza »

The problem with selling only one board is that it costs about $3.50 to ship these in a padded envelope, so selling just one at $5 is a loss.

That leaves two options however, if you really just want one I can sell it to you for $8.50 to cover the shipping, or if you're willing to risk it, it can try shipping one of these in a regular envelope for a stamp. I haven't tried sending these this way and so I can make no guarantees about what might happen to it, and it won't have any sort of tracking or anything.

If you want to risk it we can try it :)
Erockbrox

Post by Erockbrox »

darcoza wrote:The problem with selling only one board is that it costs about $3.50 to ship these in a padded envelope, so selling just one at $5 is a loss.

That leaves two options however, if you really just want one I can sell it to you for $8.50 to cover the shipping, or if you're willing to risk it, it can try shipping one of these in a regular envelope for a stamp. I haven't tried sending these this way and so I can make no guarantees about what might happen to it, and it won't have any sort of tracking or anything.

If you want to risk it we can try it :)
Yeah, I don't think I need padding for anything fancy just a regular envelope, I just want to check out the board itself. Send me a PM with your paypal e-mail. thanks.
darcoza

Post by darcoza »

Here's a link to the new boards using M27C160s!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/661906505/ ... ve_1&frs=1

I also received a batch of boards that take M27C322's and come preassembled with decoders to make the 322 8bit compatible, and they can accept up to 256k of SRAM. I just haven't had a chance to assemble any yet and get the listing posted. I'll get that up soon though, and if you can't wait just PM me and I'll get started on it faster!
Fisher

Post by Fisher »

How much would cost to ship it to Brazil?
darcoza

Post by darcoza »

Hmm, I went to enable international shipping on the listing but I noticed Brazil wasn't on the list of countries served. So looking around most shipping countries are telling me that shipping even a small padded envelope costs like $100 or more dollars! Do you or anyone else know of any cheaper ways to ship to Brazil? This is crazy I had no idea!
tepples

Post by tepples »

Because of Brazil's attempt at import substitution industrialization through customs duties, the cheapest way to ship something to Brazil is probably to license a company in Brazil to manufacture it on your behalf in a Brazilian factory.
darcoza

Post by darcoza »

Hmm that's problematic. Fisher, do you know of any board houses in Brazil? It may be easier to work out a deal for the PCB design files and then you can get them made locally instead of paying this crazy shipping cost.
Kayumba

Post by Kayumba »

darcoza wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:17 am Hi everyone!

I've just finished up work on some PCB designs and thought some of you here might be interested in them. I've got a handful of designs that I will be posting over the next couple of weeks but here is the first:

These are for 8Mbit Hirom or Lorom reproductions using the popular M27C801. This is especially handy for those who only have the popular Tl866 programmer as larger EPROMs are not supported. They come with Super CICs preprogrammed and soldered on as well as the capacitors so all you have to do is program the 801 slot it in and solder it. No swapbinning, no PIC programming, no wiring required. It's a huge time saver!

Here is a video of me demonstrating their use to a friend of mine:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=755b3Vt ... e=youtu.be

I've got a small batch of them on Etsy here:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/605289223/ ... e_active_1

But I'm getting ready to place a much larger order very soon so if you are interested in this or other boards please let me know so I can more accurately order.

There is space on the boards for various LEDs also for transparent shells, I plan to assemble some with and without these. I also am finishing the final touches on a PCB that uses the 801 but also supports up to 256K of RAM for save states, a board that uses the M27C160 EPROM for 16Mbit games, and another that uses M27C322 with built in decoders and up to 256K RAM all coming very soon.
Hi,
Great job you PCB !
I like it !

I can not find your small Capacitors for 22 uF .
Is it Ceramic or Tantalum ?
1206 SMD ?

Can you give me a reference please?
Or maybe link to Aliexpress?
Thanks
Erockbrox

Post by Erockbrox »

Erockbrox wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:47 am If I paypal you $5 can you send me one single PCB? I live in USA.
Long story short, I got an envelope in the mail and was ripped on the sides and the PCB gone. Next time like wrap it in another piece of paper or something because apparently it just flew out of the side of the envelope during the mailing process. AKA I didn't get the board in the mail because it ripped out of the package.