SNES: Spacy Funky B.O.B. Source Code

Discussion of hardware and software development for Super NES and Super Famicom. See the SNESdev wiki for more information.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
  • For making cartridges of your Super NES games, see Reproduction.
tepples

Post by tepples »

I'm starting to agree. It can be easier to make fair use of the source code of an out-of-print video game. I'm not sure how to interpret Parodius policy in this case.
Banshaku

Post by Banshaku »

After the link was removed and we were arguing about rules etc, it had for me the "Streisand effect": I wanted to see it.

I was able to find it quite easily and just browsed through the files out of pure curiosity. As for historical value it could be interesting but for people that want to know more about snes programming (something I would like someday), it doesn't have much code in it unless I'm wrong. Maybe it was located in the backup file that I couldn't uncompress but I guess not.
kyuusaku

Post by kyuusaku »

Keep looking, all the code is there. I realized there's nothing I would ever do with it after skimming through a few pages, it's just hack after hack.
Banshaku

Post by Banshaku »

ok, I will give it a second spin. But I guess I will try not to learn from it after what you said.
BMF54123

Post by BMF54123 »

PROTIP: The code is mostly contained in the .A files, not .ASM. Aim for the head!
Banshaku

Post by Banshaku »

BMF54123 wrote:PROTIP: The code is mostly contained in the .A files, not .ASM. Aim for the head!
Great, found it. I really looked too fast, I must have been too tired that day. It will be some interesting thing to read even thought I don't know about snes programming yet. It must be a lot more interesting than doing some Action Script 2.0 in flash like I'm forced to do at work these days.

Protip: don't do drugs, drugs are bad , m'key, so is action script 2.0. m'key. You will thanks me later.
dr_sloppy

Post by dr_sloppy »

Can anyone please tell me how to extract the main source archive
(DISK B)? Thanks in advance.