Fake Bio Force Ape prototype rom (Dur Butter demo)

Discuss technical or other issues relating to programming the Nintendo Entertainment System, Famicom, or compatible systems. See the NESdev wiki for more information.

Moderator: Moderators

Dwedit

Post by Dwedit »

You overestimate people. People were convinced by that one guy's magic DVD player accessory for the NES that played Sonic 1.
Here come the fortune cookies! Here come the fortune cookies! They're wearing paper hats!
tokumaru

Post by tokumaru »

Sonic 2, actually.
Banshaku

Post by Banshaku »

So when do we start a "make the best fake Bio force ape" competition? :P
tepples

Post by tepples »

Banshaku wrote:So when do we start a "make the best fake Bio force ape" competition? :P
First we'd have to make a suitable side-scroller engine. I might be available for this once I finish my other project.
Dwedit

Post by Dwedit »

Neotoxin?
Here come the fortune cookies! Here come the fortune cookies! They're wearing paper hats!
ProgrammingAce

Post by ProgrammingAce »

Oops, heh... missed this thread.

I'm 10,000 lines of code into this, so i think i have a head start on the competition. The artist working with me is the guy who originally started the hoax too, so that helps.

I have a developer's diary going here: http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=131204

But for a more technical description, the game is about 95% done. The last thing left to do is create the background designs. The version of the engine in the demo just creates a simple background design, then draws "interesting" things over top to make the details. The new graphics engine uses meta-tiles to draw each background. It gives us a chance to make a much more detailed game.

As it sits now, the game has 7 levels, 5 bosses, and a bunch of cut scenes to progress the story... Subject to change, blah blah blah...
tepples

Post by tepples »

Dur Butter ist ernstes Geschäft.

This is gonna be fun.

EDIT: And so is this poster that I just GIMPed:
tepples

Re: Fake Bio Force Ape prototype rom (Dur Butter demo)

Post by tepples »

A slightly more literal take on eating communism: Hammer and sickle on a Toaster Strudel pastry.
3gengames
Formerly 65024U

Post by 3gengames »

Best necrobump ever. :P
qbradq

Post by qbradq »

I second that. I think I pee'd a little :D
tepples

Post by tepples »

The meme finally filtered to Drawception.

Nothing to eat but communism

ImageImage
Inky and Blinky eat communism
tepples

Post by tepples »

Cracked recently published a think piece by Stephan Roget titled "5 Technologies That Will Change The World In Baffling Ways", claiming (among other things) that Amazon will enable communism. More precisely, drone delivery will allow short-term on-demand rental of power tools and the like, making private ownership of property less necessary. Add drone delivery of pizza to this and you can really eat communism.
Revenant

Post by Revenant »

tepples wrote:making private ownership of property less necessary
"Private property" (as referred to ad infinitum by Marx and friends) is not the same thing as "personal property", and if we're putting our belongings in the hands of Amazon's delivery system, that makes us more reliant on private property, not less. Sadly I don't think "renting the means of production from a multi-billion dollar tech company at a reasonable price" really jives with most people's actual definition of communism.

(Why am I even earnestly responding to something in a Cracked.com listicle? Maybe I should just embrace capitalism and order some drone pizza instead...)
Drew Sebastino
Formerly Espozo

Post by Drew Sebastino »

tepples wrote:drone delivery will allow short-term on-demand rental of power tools and the like, making private ownership of property less necessary. Add drone delivery of pizza to this and you can really eat communism.
Not if there are still red necks looking for target practice. :lol: