New versions of 6502 assembler+linker, BombSweeper source

Discuss technical or other issues relating to programming the Nintendo Entertainment System, Famicom, or compatible systems. See the NESdev wiki for more information.

Moderator: Moderators

SnowBro

New versions of 6502 assembler+linker, BombSweeper source

Post by SnowBro »

Hey. I've released a new version of my 6502 assembler+linker suite, which you can download from

http://www.stud.ntnu.no/~kenth/xorcyst

The full source is there, plus some binaries for (Mandrake)Linux and Windows/DOS. If anyone has (lack of) success compiling it on other platforms I'd appreciate to hear about it.

To celebrate the occasion, I've also released the source code to a NES homebrew game I did a couple of years ago, "BombSweeper", which you can also download from the above URL. It's basically just a "port" of the original X816 version, but I plan to update it to demonstrate the use of data segments, macros and user-defined types (structs, unions, enums) in my assembler.
baisoku

Post by baisoku »

*very* nice work. thanks for the contribution! ;)
...patience...
SnowBro

Post by SnowBro »

I've released a new version (1.2.0) with support for forward/backward branches (+, ++, and all of that). Even though I originally opted not to implement them because I feel they're error-prone constructs, I got really tired of changing my old code to use local labels. ;) Backward compatibility is a good thing.
Bregalad

Post by Bregalad »

Hum, how to have a Make environnement ?
Useless, lumbering half-wits don't scare us.
SnowBro

Post by SnowBro »

Bregalad wrote:Hum, how to have a Make environnement ?
If you're on Windows, I recommend cygwin: http://www.cygwin.com.

On another note, I just released version 1.3.0 of the assembler. The most noteworthy news is the support for bitfield records.