It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:18 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2272 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72 ... 152  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:07 pm 

Gil-Galad wrote:
bucky o'hare wrote:
bucky o'hare wrote:
Overlord (incomplete)--
It's a very short song, but the main menu music immediately after the title screen is missing (select enemy / play saved game screen). Some rad Jeroen Tel music. :)

To add to this, does anyone know what's up with track 8?

Is it really supposed to never end like that? It just keeps on going, getting increasingly atonal and weird. You'll hear things 20+ minutes into it that haven't already happened...

/triple post 8)

I'll look into Overlord soon.

I'm sorry about Overlord. I ripped it ages ago when I wasn't as skilled. I could find the init routines for some music, but each track played a single channel's sound only. So for each song, I inited 4 different routines, one for each channel that I could match up. Song 8 is just a glitchy mishmash of leftover channel songs that seemed to fit together. If you can fix it up, please rip away!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:34 am 

ccovell wrote:
I'm sorry about Overlord. I ripped it ages ago when I wasn't as skilled. I could find the init routines for some music, but each track played a single channel's sound only. So for each song, I inited 4 different routines, one for each channel that I could match up. Song 8 is just a glitchy mishmash of leftover channel songs that seemed to fit together. If you can fix it up, please rip away!

Unfortunately, I haven't had much luck with getting the missing tune to work in a fresh rip. I may try again here soon.

With the exception of one or two rips, Jeroen Tel music drivers are hard to rip. Overlord is no exception.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:00 pm 

I noticed that in your Moai-Kun fix, the tempo in the first track is a tad too slow and the tempo in the second track is a tad too fast when I compared the NSF to the game itself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:36 pm 

Bippo Ernesti wrote:
I noticed that in your Moai-Kun fix, the tempo in the first track is a tad too slow and the tempo in the second track is a tad too fast when I compared the NSF to the game itself.

That's strange.

I tracked the speed adjustment variables down in the code and then included them in the initialization code, using a compare since each tune has a different speed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:33 pm 

I tried my hand at Overlord as well. I seriously think that there's some essentially unused musical tunes in the file. I played the heck out of that game trying to access new musical numbers, but I just can't seem to find anything more than what I've got, despite knowing some additional working song values for a fact. If you find some music that's not represented here, tell me how to access it. I'm sure I can rip music init values verbatim out of practically any save state for the game, as long as the music is playing at the time in the game. Additionally, I can debug the routines to search for.

Specifics on how I got the info is shown in the text file.

http://www.angelfire.com/nc/ugetab/

A Searchable list of NSFs from other sites. In Internet Explorer, go to Edit>Find (on This Page)...
http://www.angelfire.com/nc/ugetab/NSFList.txt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:41 pm 

Excellent. That's certainly more complete than the last nsf. I wanted to tag an NSFE / M3U for it, do you think you could help supply track names? (I didn't have the patience to learn this game to try and beat it)-

I can see in the text file that you've identified the tracks, but as a coding n00b I'm not sure which corresponds with which track.

Track 1 = Title Theme
Track 2 = (Unnamed Jingle)
Track 3 = War Begins (Round Start)
Track 4 = (Unnamed Jingle)
Track 5 = (Unnamed Jingle)
Track 6 = (Unnamed Jingle)
Track 7 = Game Over
Track 8 = Menu

There's no need to bother with identifying sfx. :)

I wouldn't be surprised if there are unused tracks, that seems to be a trend with Jeroen Tel nes music. There were 6 tracks in Beauty and the Beast I couldn't find in-game (16, 17, 18, 19, 21, and 22), and 3 from Bram Stoker's Dracula (tracks 1, 2, and 3, although they're in the sound test).

I found the latter really odd, especially since those are some of the few tracks with percussion. It seems pretty clear that track 1 is a titular theme, yet the game has no music at the title or in the intro. None at the ending credits either. I'm thinking that might've been a mistake, but I don't know how you'd miss something so obvious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:21 am 

Track 1 = Title Theme
Track 2 = (Unnamed Jingle)
Track 3 = Battle Failure
Track 4 = (Unnamed Jingle)
Track 5 = Battle Success
Track 6 = Hard Game Completed
Track 7 = Game Over
Track 8 = Menu

A Searchable list of NSFs from other sites. In Internet Explorer, go to Edit>Find (on This Page)...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:32 am 

Awesome, thanks! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:00 pm 

In Transformers: Convoy no Nazo's NSF, the stage BGM (track 3) seems to lack the "stops" in the triangle channel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:06 pm 

Does anyone know if "Shadow Warriors" (EU version of Ninja Gaiden) is already ripped?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:35 pm 

Eightbit Allstar wrote:
Does anyone know if "Shadow Warriors" (EU version of Ninja Gaiden) is already ripped?

Is there any major differences between the two sound engines?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:49 pm 

Both above done.

The Transformers game may have been an emulation issue, because I just can't hear any difference. Try FCEUXDSP, and see if it plays nice with the track. If so, there's a newer NotSoFatso ( http://nesdev.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=4653 ) that should play it right too.

There was practically no difference at all for the Ninja Gaiden set. I only changed out the 4 banks from C010 from Shadow Warriors(C010 * 3FE0, specifically), and all other data from the Ninja Gaiden rip was left where it was.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:36 pm 
Formerly Fx3

Gil-Galad wrote:
Eightbit Allstar wrote:

Is there any major differences between the two sound engines?

- Probably no. Anyway, I'm not in the mood for 50hz playback; so, 60hz must rule the world! ^_^;;

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:57 am 

Different DPCM samples (snare got replaced with some tom). Also it seems that this change effects the pulse channels in some tracks. The speed is nearly identical to the NTSC version.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:56 am 

I don't know if this matters, but as far as I can tell, Power Rangers 2 (Unl) seems to be exactly the same as Kyoryuu Sentai Juuranger (except that the title image is a bit different and the extra lives start at 7). The music doesn't seem to have been changed at all, so I was thinking if the game should be taken off the "not ripped" list.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2272 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72 ... 152  Next