New projects section created by Durda dan

Discussion about the site's wikis, including bugs/issues encountered.

Moderator: Moderators

Banshaku

New projects section created by Durda dan

Post by Banshaku »

Someone added to the wiki a section about the current active projects for the nesdev community.

I think it's a great idea. This way we can find more easily who is working on what. This is a lot easier than trying to find through the forum.

I already added one of my project there. I invite everyone to do the same since it's a nice initiative.
MetalSlime

Re: New projects section created by Durda dan

Post by MetalSlime »

Banshaku wrote:Someone added to the wiki a section about the current active projects for the nesdev community.

I think it's a great idea. This way we can find more easily who is working on what. This is a lot easier than trying to find through the forum.

I already added one of my project there. I invite everyone to do the same since it's a nice initiative.
Yeah, this is a great idea. I'll post my projects as soon as I get some free time.
MetalSlime runs away.
Sivak

Post by Sivak »

Er, should I make pages for my projects?
-Sivak
Banshaku

Post by Banshaku »

Yes, that's the point. Everybody can make their own page. That will make it easier to find more information about the currently made home brew. I think it's a simple but good idea so I went first and made my own page as an example but people don't have to follow my format.
GradualGames

Post by GradualGames »

Great idea. I don't think I was aware of miau's platformer til now. Looks really nice miau! I love the castlevania 2 reference, lol. :) I've been a bit shy of saying anything about my project yet, but maybe I will put an entry in there and make an announcement here when it is ready.
Sivak

Post by Sivak »

I'll work on some pages for my stuff.

I wonder if I should talk about the actual cart releases or the games themselves. The main reason being is that my first two games are on a combo cart.
-Sivak
Banshaku

Post by Banshaku »

I think there is no made in stone rules so a page for each game would be fine.
tepples

Post by tepples »

You'll probably get a lot more people asking for upload permissions.
Banshaku

Post by Banshaku »

Yes, I'm aware of that. I will be more than happy to do it. The 3 admin can do it anytime thought, we just have to figure out a system for it. I'm just very picky about security so I will have to endure the consequence ;)

People that wants picture in their project page, just PM me and I will upload the files in the wiki.
Sivak

Post by Sivak »

Banshaku wrote:People that wants picture in their project page, just PM me and I will upload the files in the wiki.
Can't upload privileges just be given to people on a person by person basis?
-Sivak
Banshaku

Post by Banshaku »

This is one possibility I'm thinking too. I was going to write that in the previous message but forgot about it.

Ok then. I will add access to upload pictures to people that made their personal project page on the wiki already (Sivak, Miau, Durda Dan). Any future project, people just request me by PM and I will take care of adding you to the upload group.

Since it's based on a trust system, if there is any abuse of it, I will first remove access to the abuser. If the abuse become too much, I will revert back to the original procedure (i.e. admin only can upload) but I will be surprised that I will have to do that. The nesdev community is usually not like that.

Edit:

Sivak, Miau and Durda dan can now upload pictures on the wiki.
miau

Post by miau »

Zero wrote:Great idea. I don't think I was aware of miau's platformer til now. Looks really nice miau! I love the castlevania 2 reference, lol. :) I've been a bit shy of saying anything about my project yet, but maybe I will put an entry in there and make an announcement here when it is ready.
Thanks!
Not telling about your project until it's 100% finished? Aw, now I'm curious. ;) Nah, nevermind, I actually wanted to do the same for my project, but it didn't work out for long.

Nevertheless, I hope more people will add their projects. That wiki page really was a cool idea.
Banshaku wrote:People that wants picture in their project page, just PM me and I will upload the files in the wiki.
Will do that.

EDIT:
Banshaku wrote:Edit:

Sivak, Miau and Durda dan can now upload pictures on the wiki.
Oh, even better. Thanks, Banshaku.
Banshaku

Post by Banshaku »

miau wrote:Nevertheless, I hope more people will add their projects. That wiki page really was a cool idea.
I think so too. It may give a little boost to people that make some home brew project by giving them some exposure through the wiki. It's a lot easier now to find about a specific project than trying to search through the archive of the nesdev BBS. It was a simple but very good idea.
Sivak

Post by Sivak »

Cool. I have done so. I also created template:Clr for the wiki. It'll basically put in the appropriate line breaking when you have several images and text beside them. I used it on Mystic Pillars' page if you want to see it.
-Sivak
Banshaku

Post by Banshaku »

@Sivak:
Yes, I saw it while you where editing your page ;) I was editing a few things here and there. There is only one thing thought not related to CLR. On the mystic pillar page, the * for list items doesn't show at all. I don't know if it's an HTML bug with my browser or what.

By the way, the project page is not limited to software only: I encourage people with hardware project, commercial or not, to make a page about it. This mean the Powerpak, nes on FPGA, etc. The wiki project section is for any kind of nes project, any.