More NSF Requests

Discuss NSF files, FamiTracker, MML tools, or anything else related to NES music.

Moderator: Moderators

kingshriek

Post by kingshriek »

I also did Suishou no Dragon, another Square FDS title, as well. It had the exact same format as Tokimeki High School and Cleopatra no Mahou, so it was relatively easy to rip. I only encountered two tracks, and from what I played of the game, it seems that that's all there is - most of the game is silent.

Suishou no Dragon NSF

I looked at all the other Square FDS games and none of them have their music organized in the same way, unfortunately.

Also, it looks like I have fixed Toobin'. The NSF required additional initialization of $700-$7FF and bankswitching (music data is split between 2 8K banks).

Toobin' NSF
ArnoldRimmer83

Post by ArnoldRimmer83 »

Hi. I've been lurking here for a while, and I must say its great to see so many new nsf rips. I'd like to thank all the rippers for making these available.

From browsing these posts, it seems to be okay to request nsf rips. I apologize if I'm breaking any rules, but I was wondering if anybody would be interested in looking at some of these games. The first 4 are Famicom Disk System Games, so I dunno if they'd be easy or not.

Famicom Grand Prix
Famicom Grand Prix 2 3D Hot Rally
Knightmove
Exciting Soccer

And these two are both PAL games.

Super Turrican
Konami Hyper Soccer (Completely different game from Exciting Soccer, even though both are by Konami.)

If anyone could rip these I would be very grateful.
Norrin_Radd

Post by Norrin_Radd »

Wow! Suishou no Dragon is really rockin! Well, track 1 at least. It's time to get up and dance!

Toobin is kicking my ass too. I like how it sounds like Guantlet. Track 1 and 2 are guantlet all the way. Very rad find! Track 5 is getting me in a silly mood. Especially since I have head phones on. Just the thought of anyone listenin to track 5 with headphones on is a goofy thought. ROCK

Track 11 of Toobin is TOTALLY my taste in music. Tech metal NES style. *drools*

king, I say this all to often, but you are totally keeping NSFs alive! I really wish I knew how to do it too. :(
kingshriek

Post by kingshriek »

Here are the two PAL NES rips you requested (I hope I got all the tracks):

Konami Hyper Soccer NSF
Super Turrican NSF

I'll take a look at the FDS ones sometime later.

Post by Guest »

Wow. You got those two ripped pretty quickly. Thanks a bunch.
ArnoldRimmer83

Post by ArnoldRimmer83 »

Anonymous wrote:Wow. You got those two ripped pretty quickly. Thanks a bunch.
Whoops that was me. Forgot to log in.
Norrin_Radd

Post by Norrin_Radd »

King, you are an animal! :D Thanks for more fine additions to my NSF collection :)

Any chance you could do Super Cars?

Edit: HOLY SCHNIKIES! Konami Soccer HAS to be done by the same guy that did RollerGames, Basewars and Batman Returns: Shigemasa Matsuo.

Now I will have to beat the game and see the credits to be sure.
Norrin_Radd

Post by Norrin_Radd »

Sorry for the double post, but.

http://gilgalad.panicus.org/nsf/contra_force.zip

Just found Gil_Galads Contra Force NSF on his site. Unfortunately it's not very accurate. It has wierd noises all throughout it, and it is missing the DMC in most songs. That's too bad :( , but it's a start.
kingshriek

Post by kingshriek »

For the recent requests, here's what I was able to come up with. I'm worried that the FDS ones may be missing some tracks, especially since some use multiple init/play routines. Hopefully not, though.

Exciting Soccer - Konami Cup NSF
Famicom Grand Prix - F1 Race NSF
Famicom Grand Prix II - 3D Hot Rally NSF
Knight Move NSF
Super Cars NSF

Here's a DPCM fixed Contra Force:

Contra Force NSF

Post by Guest »

Exciting Soccer is missing the ending theme, but is otherwise complete. To those using Not so Fatso, Grand Prix II doesn't seem to work on that. It works fine on Nezamp though.

Anyway thanks a bunch for the nsfs Kingshriek.
ArnoldRimmer83

Post by ArnoldRimmer83 »

Anonymous wrote:Exciting Soccer is missing the ending theme, but is otherwise complete. To those using Not so Fatso, Grand Prix II doesn't seem to work on that. It works fine on Nezamp though.

Anyway thanks a bunch for the nsfs Kingshriek.
Whoops again. This will be the last time. Thought I had it set to always log in. :P
kingshriek

Post by kingshriek »

Thanks for letting me know about the incomplete NSFs. I added the ending theme to Exciting Soccer (increasing the file size by another 8K) and fixed the play address in Famicom Grand Prix II so that it would play in players that halt on invalid opcodes.

Here are the fixed NSFs:

Exciting Soccer - Konami Cup NSF (fixed - added ending theme)
Famicom Grand Prix II - 3D Hot Rally NSF (fixed - corrected play address)

I replaced the files so you may need to clear your cache if you aren't getting the fixed NSFs from these links.
Norrin_Radd

Post by Norrin_Radd »

Well hot damn kingshriek. I've been thoroughly blown away! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!
ArnoldRimmer83

Post by ArnoldRimmer83 »

Thanks for the updated rips.
kingshriek

Post by kingshriek »

I was playing around with the Skate or Die 2 title theme, seeing what I can do with an NSF. Here's what I came up with (haven't figured out how to access the other tracks in the game, anyone know how to properly init?):

Skate or Die 2 title theme

For the raw PCM, I had to approximate frequencies. I use a table at $BF00-BFFF to convert the raw PCM frequency to a number of loops to update $4011 after each play routine call. The values in this table should be as high as they can without spilling over to the next play routine call. I tried to tweak them to get as close as I could to this maximum.