Garage Cart - the series

Discuss technical or other issues relating to programming the Nintendo Entertainment System, Famicom, or compatible systems. See the NESdev wiki for more information.

Moderator: Moderators

tepples

Post by tepples »

never-obsolete wrote:I would be happy just to get my demo/clone of Mario Bros. on there
How close is it? Can I see screenshots? (I'm afraid...)
Matrixz

Post by Matrixz »

Roth wrote:Has anyone got in touch with Matrixz at all about this? I believe NeSnake 2 meets the requirements you're looking for to put on a cart (though I may be wrong). I think that would be an awesome addition, and fun to play on an actual NES ;)
I'd be happy for it to be added along. I'd be buying one copy since im a fan of all of this.
Here the final releases are aviable, both the NTSC and PAL version: http://www.elazulspad.net/matrixz/nesnake/nesnake.htm
In the release thread the geocities links are broken (my yahoo was killed)

Memblers, if you'd rather like the NN2 source code, tell me and ill see what i can do.
Jagasian

Post by Jagasian »

Matrixz wrote: I'd be happy for it to be added along. I'd be buying one copy since im a fan of all of this.
Here the final releases are aviable, both the NTSC and PAL version: http://www.elazulspad.net/matrixz/nesnake/nesnake.htm
In the release thread the geocities links are broken (my yahoo was killed)

Memblers, if you'd rather like the NN2 source code, tell me and ill see what i can do.
Maybe you could make some minor customizations for the Garage Cart version of NeSnake2? For example, different sound effects, music, color scheme, or title screen. Just enough to make the Garage Cart version of it more collectible, as the ROM on the cart is different from the free one floating around the net.
blargg

Post by blargg »

Maybe you could make some minor customizations for the Garage Cart version of NeSnake2?
Maybe like removing all those pointless menus you have to go through to start. :)

Post by Guest »

How close is it? Can I see screenshots?

If you don't need it in the very near future i could get some more work done on it. The main things that are missing is level progression, a score tracker and collision between playable characters and non-playable characters. Ill post screenshots when i get some.
never-obsolete

Post by never-obsolete »

That was me i forgot to log on and by Mario Bros. i meant the arcade game with the coins and crabs and all not the side scroller platform.
Matrixz

Post by Matrixz »

Jagasian wrote: Maybe you could make some minor customizations for the Garage Cart version of NeSnake2? For example, different sound effects, music, color scheme, or title screen. Just enough to make the Garage Cart version of it more collectible, as the ROM on the cart is different from the free one floating around the net.
Good idea.. it would have to be good though. I already have ideas of different themes. When i worked on the game intensively, my creativety was down.. meaning palettes and graphics themes couldve been done better.
I already have a set of music tracks that were not elected for the release.
blargg wrote:Maybe like removing all those pointless menus you have to go through to start. :)
All those = only 4 for a Quest Game :P
I could simplify it down to 2, why not.
Jagasian

Post by Jagasian »

Membler's, just to confirm, the PCBs for the second edition are going to be fully custom? Do you have any made yet? Can you post pics? Maybe later editions can have different colored PCBs? That seems to be a trendy thing in computer hardware and in mod-chips.
Memblers
Site Admin

Post by Memblers »

never-obsolete: Sounds interesting, once you've got a demo or anything I could check out, email it to me.

Speaking of demos, if anyone has any I could put on here, that'd be cool too. I already have some PAL-only stuff, so it could use something NTSC-flavoured. Maybe I could repair the RTC demo or something.

Matrixz:
Cool, it'd be great to have nesnake on there. Looks like I probably won't need the source since it uses all it's memory already, not much left to optimize.

Jagasian:
Yeah, the pcbs will be new. They aren't made yet, I'm still doing the layout and other stuff. Not sure what color I'll use, but yeah, changing it when a board is re-ordered is no problem (Midines is using yellow Squeedos now).