It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:30 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:55 am 

sdm wrote:
I cannot see detailed info on your schematics:
?

That is a 3 pin reset generator. When voltage gets below 4V, the output of that goes low. And it goes low for about 200ms after power is first turned on. You can use an RC reset circuit just fine, but I prefer those reset generators. If you need a part number I can probably scare one up in digikey or similar. I just had 'em laying around so I used it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:03 pm 

I have problem with mixing AY3 audio output with fc audio pins (famicom pins 45/46). When i connect AY3 to pins 45/46 i hear only NES music. I see that VRC6 carts have some resistors beetwen vrc6 and audio pins.
How to fix it??

Works, but i cannot mix channels into one output
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETIJHSaDG1Q

EDIT: Ok i fix it:)

Result:
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Npa46uKTNVk
Mp3: direct from fami-clone deck AUDIO OUT :)
http://members.lycos.co.uk/siudym/fme7ay3.mp3 (right mouse button->menu->save file as... - download ONLY that)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:58 pm 

sdm wrote:
I have problem with mixing AY3 audio output with fc audio pins (famicom pins 45/46). When i connect AY3 to pins 45/46 i hear only NES music. I see that VRC6 carts have some resistors beetwen vrc6 and audio pins.
How to fix it??

Works, but i cannot mix channels into one output
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETIJHSaDG1Q

EDIT: Ok i fix it:)

Woot, looks good and sounds good! Glad you got it working

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:10 pm 

Sounds slow.. is the console 50hz?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:34 am 

kevtris wrote:
Woot, looks good and sounds good! Glad you got it working

BIG Thanx 4 YOU :D

kyuusaku wrote:
Sounds slow.. is the console 50hz?

Yes - PAL/Europe :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:59 pm 

Sorry for the thread neco, but I just wanted to thank everyone involved with this (SDM, Kevtris) for the inspiration and Kevtris especially for the help.

Uses the "PowerPak" resistor mod (47Kohm between 3 and 9 on the expansion port).

Works like a champ.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuC8pMwvRGk

Shrunk it down to an AY-3-8912 instead of an 8910 so I could fit it in a cartridge easily.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:48 am 

That looks awesome. Would be nice though if it were implemented in a full cartridge PCB with FME7 on a CPLD or something though opposed to using Batman RotJ boards but it's still neat to see Gimmick like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:21 pm 

MottZilla wrote:
That looks awesome. Would be nice though if it were implemented in a full cartridge PCB with FME7 on a CPLD or something though opposed to using Batman RotJ boards but it's still neat to see Gimmick like that.

Yeah, would be nice... but luckily, Batman: RotJ carts are easy to come by.

I had to go with a 8912 just to be sure I could get a board made that was small enough to fit in the regular cart without having to mod anything. The cart weighs a good bit more than a regular cart, but looks completely normal on the outside.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:46 pm 

I wonder if anyone, I guess Loopy or BunnyBoy has looked into adding expansion sound to the PowerPAK mapper for FME7/Subsoft5b. It would be nice to play Gimmick on the PowerPAK with full sound someday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:02 pm 

MottZilla wrote:
I wonder if anyone, I guess Loopy or BunnyBoy has looked into adding expansion sound to the PowerPAK mapper for FME7/Subsoft5b. It would be nice to play Gimmick on the PowerPAK with full sound someday.

From what I've heard... it more or less kinda does. I don't have a PowerPak to check it out on, but I've heard that it can do the extra audio, more or less. I have heard it's a bit of a hack, but works'sh... again, no idea for sure, I don't have PowerPak.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:09 pm 
Site Admin

That's pretty cool. Also pretty interesting to see the Microchip logo on that chip, and that it was still being made it seems in 91.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:09 pm 

NovaYoshi resistor-modded his NES, and Gimmick's sound plays fine through a PowerPak.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:44 pm 

Memblers wrote:
That's pretty cool. Also pretty interesting to see the Microchip logo on that chip, and that it was still being made it seems in 91.

Yeah, but given the price of the things, you wouldn't think '91. Then again, I'm cheap.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:46 pm 

Scucci wrote:
MottZilla wrote:

From what I've heard... it more or less kinda does. I don't have a PowerPak to check it out on, but I've heard that it can do the extra audio, more or less. I have heard it's a bit of a hack, but works'sh... again, no idea for sure, I don't have PowerPak.

The powerpak plays gimmick + sound fine. Just be sure to download loopy's mapper pack.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:47 pm 

I've never seen anywhere saying that Loopy's mapper 69 supported extra sound. If it does I must have missed it. Where can you get loopy's latest mappers or are they in the official DL?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next