FamiTone - audio library (release)

Discuss NSF files, FamiTracker, MML tools, or anything else related to NES music.

Moderator: Moderators

Shiru

Post by Shiru »

Check formats.txt, there is full list of all the variables. Should be 174 bytes (was 172 at some point, before adding PAL adjust).
qbradq

Post by qbradq »

Is there an option within FamiTracker to compensate for the swapped duty cycles on clone systems?
Shiru

Post by Shiru »

As far as I know, no. And I actually haven't ever seen such a clone, out of hundreds of them. I've heard there are some, but probably they aren't so common.
unregistered

Post by unregistered »

hi, trying to use this program for adding music in an nes game. :) While texttodata created my asm6-asm-file I recieved 8 warning messages. It says:
the [color=cyan]texttodata tool program[/color] wrote:Warning! Note out of supported range, frame 2 row 14 channel 1
But that note is A-3. :? I think i read that it allows octaves 1 through 5. ...is that because i set, inside FamiTracker, my octave to 3... and so it adds 3 to A-3? Octave 6 is out of range, I think.

The rest of the warnings say the same thing pretty much... I looked at the last one and it was saying F-3 is out of range. :? Have to go mow now.
Shiru

Post by Shiru »

A-3 is in supported range. Octave in FamiTracker is exists only in the editor, so it does not affect to note text. Are you sure you looking into correct place? These numbers are hex.

Edit: whoops, actually, the numbers are messed: frame is dec, row is hex.
unregistered

Post by unregistered »

Shiru wrote:A-3 is in supported range. Octave in FamiTracker is exists only in the editor, so it does not affect to note text. Are you sure you looking into correct place? These numbers are hex.

Edit: whoops, actually, the numbers are messed: frame is dec, row is hex.
there are 8 errors... 2 of them are in frame 2, 2 of them are in frame 3, 2 of them are in frame 9, and the last two are in frame 10. None of the numbers have an a, or a b, or a c, or a d, or an e, or a f in them. And they are all reported on channel 1. I found a C-6 in frame 0 row 1e... on channel 1. I tried converting the number, from one of the errors, 30 to hex and got 1e. Honestly, there are 10 C-6 notes in frame 0 and 10 C-6 notes are in frame 7. None of the errors are located in frame 0 or frame 7. Don't understand what I've done wrong. :? Could you, Shiru and some others, help me with this? :) :?
Shiru

Post by Shiru »

You can send me text file, and I'll check what's wrong with the error reporting, converter, or the song.
unregistered

Post by unregistered »

I dont think I will be able to send you any file right now... sorry. :( Thank you though for trying to help me.

Here is an image and i tried to make my penultimate post, up there, be moore understandable below.

there are 8 errors... 2 of them are in frame 2, 2 of them are in frame 3, 2 of them are in frame 9, and the last two are in frame 10. None of the numbers have an a, or a b, or a c, or a d, or an e, or a f in them. And they are all reported on channel 1. I found a C-6 in frame 0 row 1e... on channel 1. I tried converting the number, from one of the errors, 30 to hex and got 1e. Honestly, there are 10 C-6 notes in frame 0 and 10 C-6 notes are in frame 7. But, none of the errors are located in frame 0 or frame 7. Don't understand what I've done wrong. :?
^Green text is describing the image abovee ^Purple text sounds interesting... to me ^Yellow text is reporting a problem.
Shiru

Post by Shiru »

Important update for FamiTone's PAL support. It fixes a problem that music doesn't play correctly after changing a song in PAL mode.
Shiru

Post by Shiru »

Another update, music pause functionality is added. I.e., you can pause and resume current music, often needed for games.
unregistered

Post by unregistered »

Shiru, it finally worked! Sometimes the text file isn't created again by the 2text program that runs after you click "Create NSF..." in FamiTracker. :?
Thank you God for helping me! :D

Now I am lost as to where do I include famitone.asm in my game code? I tried placing

Code: Select all

.include "famitone.asm"
in the main file underneath the includes of prg.asm and chr.asm... and so I tried to build my nes file and I got famitone.asm(986): PC out of range. There are errors like that on the whole vertical command prompt; one on every line with a different number in the parenthesis. Every now and then there's also a famitone.asm(935): Value out of range. What should I do? :?
Shiru

Post by Shiru »

I don't know what is on row 938, because library was updated few times after your first questions, and I don't have previous versions. You surely should not place include after including chr. Check source file of demo, it is in /src/.

Value out of range could be probably related to negative numbers, you can convert them to positive (-10 = 256-10).
unregistered

Post by unregistered »

Shiru wrote:Check source file of demo, it is in /src/.
Thank you! :) I found where all the includes are. There is some code like this:

Code: Select all

nmi
	inc FRAME_CNT
    rti

.include "controller.asm"
	.include "rle.asm"

screenData
	.incbin "screen.rle"

.include "famitone.asm"
	.include "music1.asm"
	.include "music_dpcm.asm"
	.include "sounds.asm"

.bank 2
	.org FT_DPCM_OFF
	.incbin "music_dpcm.bin"

.bank 3
	.org $e000
	.include "music2.asm"
    .org  $fffa
    .dw   nmi
    .dw   reset

.bank 4
	.incbin "screen.chr"
I don't understand what .bank does. There is an .org $e000 but that is almost near the end... what do you think the address is around this area? Wanting to know what .org value would be best... and or maybe what does .bank 2 do? Thanks for reading all of this. I'm sorry it isn't very clear.
Shiru

Post by Shiru »

This question is not related to FamiTone, it is related to NESASM and answered in its docs. In short, .bank selects 8K bank in a ROM file, number of banks defined through .ines*** defines in the beginning of the source file.
UncleSporky

Post by UncleSporky »

Updated the asm6 version of FamiTone to 1.23.

http://www.mediafire.com/?cnc3bbwekmyr6g8