New game - Zooming Secretary

A place where you can keep others updated about your NES-related projects through screenshots, videos or information in general.

Moderator: Moderators

Shiru

New game - Zooming Secretary

Post by Shiru »

A new homebrew original arcade freeware NES game for you.

Download game and source code.
Last edited by Shiru on Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
infiniteneslives

Post by infiniteneslives »

Once again another great game by Shiru and team!

Very interesting idea for a game. I assume it's original? Or is there really something out there this is based on?

I especially liked the coffee speed up, and the office dude running around "bla..." haha. Looking forward to see what future levels will bring once I manage to get past the second level.

Just looked over the characters in the manual and had a few laughs. Nice work!
Kasumi

Post by Kasumi »

This is adorable. I love the sprites, and the concept. It gets hectic! I got to Day 6 before I got fired. (AND REHIRED)
Heavy Stylus

Post by Heavy Stylus »

Beautiful artwork and a solid game concept. Good skills!
Dwedit

Post by Dwedit »

Game is very hard if you don't get the bonus.
Here come the fortune cookies! Here come the fortune cookies! They're wearing paper hats!
Heavy Stylus

Post by Heavy Stylus »

Anyone beat this yet? How many days are there in total?
3gengames
Formerly 65024U

Post by 3gengames »

Damn shiru, how the hell you crank out so many games that also have a lot of polish too? :D Nice job man. :D Screw what people say, you keep on making NROM games as they're suhweet!
tepples

Post by tepples »

3gengames wrote:Screw what people say, you keep on making NROM games as they're suhweet!
Yeah, at this rate, we'll be able to put together a sequel to Action 52 that doesn't suck.
3gengames
Formerly 65024U

Post by 3gengames »

tepples wrote:
3gengames wrote:Screw what people say, you keep on making NROM games as they're suhweet!
Yeah, at this rate, we'll be able to put together a sequel to Action 52 that doesn't suck.
:shock: Hell yes! It'd probably be the most fun in one cart in the NES library with Shirus games he's cranking out. :)
Shiru

Post by Shiru »

infiniteneslives, yes, it is original. Initial gameplay mechanics is inspired with Game&Watch games, and game style is inspired with Popeye.

Heavy Stylus, there are 7 days, but 8 levels.

3gengames, so far my NES games were rather simple, and in case of latest two C helped to speed up the development process.

Please don't forget that the latest two games were collabs. In Alter Ego there was existing design that I only had to recreate, reprogram, and make occasional improvements (no need to make tough design decisions), it had very simple graphics, and Kulor provided great music. In Zooming Secretary I was able to focus on gameplay and code, visuals were provided by PinWizz, and there was almost no music. I can't say that collabs are time savers, in fact they aren't (need to coordinate, explain, discuss, wait for each other, etc), but they increase quality for sure.
RLError

Post by RLError »

Well! This is a lovely game that has a lot of heart! Totally fun, absolutely likeable, positively clever!

Thank you very much!
haroldo-ok

Post by haroldo-ok »

Fantastic NES homebrew! Keep up the good work!
Dwedit

Post by Dwedit »

I think I found a bug:

One of the phones is asking for the "A", when that cabinet doesn't exist in that level. This happened after beating the game.
It went on to do it 3 consecutive times, making the level Unwinnable.
Shiru

Post by Shiru »

Thanks, Dwedit, I confirm the bug is there. Need some time to figure out the problem, because code seems to be correct so far.

Edit: Ok, fixed - it was introduced in a last minute change. The file is updated.
Denine

Post by Denine »

Shiru, you did it again. The game don't look really interesting on screens but when playing I'm getting "one more level" symptom.
The idea for a game is original and gameplay is great.