puNES Emulator

Discuss emulation of the Nintendo Entertainment System and Famicom.

Moderator: Moderators

Zepper
Formerly Fx3

Post by Zepper »

FHorse wrote:
Eugene.S wrote:Soft and nice sound. Probably best build.
I've used always tepples solution with one difference: enabling the writing of 4011 after 110 cycles (APU) from last write other than a few frames. I chose 110 after several trials with different values​​. With small values, some games still do pop and with higher values, other games were cut effects of the DMC.
I believe to have found a way to avoid pops without hacks. ;) Works flawlessly, hehehe.
Eugene.S

Post by Eugene.S »

Can you share some WAV-out of Rocknes?
Zepper
Formerly Fx3

Post by Zepper »

FHorse

Post by FHorse »

Zepper wrote:I believe to have found a way to avoid pops without hacks. Wink Works flawlessly, hehehe.
Well done Zepper. Can I ask you how did it? Don't worry, I was forced to steal one idea for month and, thanks to tepples, I'm ok for november. :wink:
Zepper
Formerly Fx3

Post by Zepper »

Timed writes to $4011 register (raw) are ignored if the silence flag is set. The register still accepts the value written, it's just not sent to the dac.

Read here.

UPDATE: looks like Q has tested it in the Visual6502. Unfortunately, it doesn't exist, so take it as a trick while emulating $4011 register/output.
Eugene.S

Post by Eugene.S »

Excellent. I want to test Rocknes 5.07 :)
FHorse

Version 0.43

Post by FHorse »

Changelog:
Rewritten from scratch sdl sound and optimized most of the code. All this has led an increase in performance between 20 and 30 percent. Now everything is more responsive and fast even on slower computers.
Added in video settings a "FPS" limiter and a "frame skip" menu to play with in order to find the best configuration for your PC.
Added "Audio menu".
Added fastforward key, when you press Shift on the keyboard, the emu runs at double speed
miker00lz

Post by miker00lz »

good job on this FHorse. i tried a few games in it, and they looked and sounded great.
FHorse

Post by FHorse »

Many thanks miker00lz :D
FHorse

Version 0.44

Post by FHorse »

Changelog
0.44 (bugfix release)
I discovered that the fullscreen does not work properly in a multi-heads scenario. Fixed for both Windows and Linux (xinerama and multi-desktop).
FHorse

Version 0.45

Post by FHorse »

Changelog:
Added the option to choose between mono or stereo (default from now) sound.
OK, I admit, this release is an excuse to wish a happy new year to all you guys!!
FHorse

Version 0.46

Post by FHorse »

Changelog:
Added option to enable or disable the Vsync.
Added Hqx (2x, 3x, 4x) video filter.
Added a native version for windows 64bit.
FHorse

Version 0.47

Post by FHorse »

Changelog:
Added Zapper emulation.
Lots of bug fixes.
tepples

Post by tepples »

I tried it with Zap Ruder and LJ65, and the music was about a semitone flat. There were a few missed low notes in LJ65's "TEMP" song too. Zapper emulation was good enough to play ZapPing, but it appears to have no way to cover up the photosensor (e.g. Duck Hunt shoot offscreen to select, various games shoot offscreen to reload), and it doesn't appear to turn off the photosensor when I move the mouse out of the window.
FHorse

Post by FHorse »

tepples wrote:I tried it with Zap Ruder and LJ65, and the music was about a semitone flat. There were a few missed low notes in LJ65's "TEMP" song too. Zapper emulation was good enough to play ZapPing, but it appears to have no way to cover up the photosensor (e.g. Duck Hunt shoot offscreen to select, various games shoot offscreen to reload), and it doesn't appear to turn off the photosensor when I move the mouse out of the window.
Many thanks for the reports tepples. I've found Zap Ruder and LJ65, but where can I find ZapPing? When I get home, I will check everything you said.