(Includes basic English and Polish Manuals as well NesDev Comp. version of ROM)
Gruniożerca 2 is a puzzle-platformer for the NES developed by Łukasz Kur & myself between November 2017 and January of 2018.
In it, you control Grunio, pet and guinea pig mascot of arhn.eu, on a quest to find his owner, gaming personality Dark Archon, who has gotten lost in the depths of their overly complex cellar.
Luckily, Grunio’s chew toys have been strewn all throughout the house, the cellar being no exception. So, help this piggie place blocks, swing squeaky hammers, push stools, press switches, collect keys, devour carrots, leap, climb, teeter, and tumble his way through 24 dark, dingy, and drab basement doors.
- Collect keys to open doors.
- Consume a carrot before leaving each room.
Control Grunio Directly
Left / Right: Move GrunioCavyvision Controls:
Down: (while in front of a switch) Press Switch
B: Enter Cavyvision
The World Through Heightened Guinea Pig Senses
D-Pad: Move CursorPlay Tips
A: Place or Use Toy
B: Exit Cavyvision
Select: Cycle through Toys
- Take control of the stool: Jump to get past it, or push it against a wall and jump into it to make it bounce back.
- Keep a satiated guinea pig: To see the full ending, complete the game with all 24 carrots.
- Stuck? There's neither penalty nor shame in restarting a puzzle from the pause menu.
We initially began development on this for the Gramytatywnie annual charity event (for which Emunes.PL produced three physical copies of a special version of the game). With permission from the folks at arhn.eu, we decided the NesDev Competition seemed like the best opportunity for digitally releasing it.
We hope you enjoy.