It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:47 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: 2018, what's up?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:28 pm 
Offline
Formerly WhatULive4
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:43 am
Posts: 374
Just finishing drafting up the 2018 thread. Hoping to have the website finished up today or tomorrow as well.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018, what's up?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:59 pm
Posts: 1
Hey! I don't know if this is the right place for this but I would love to join someone in a submission! I unfortunately only do music/sfx :(


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018, what's up?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:42 pm
Posts: 3
Heosphoros wrote:
Hey! I don't know if this is the right place for this but I would love to join someone in a submission! I unfortunately only do music/sfx :(


I'm also looking for people to collaborate with. I have lots of ideas.

Music and SFX with Famitracker is probably the hardest part, so I would be happy if I didn't have to do that part. I would be best at pixel art. I have a lot of experience in high level software development, but not with 6502. I can write basic assembly code and I'm quickly gathering ASM skills, but it would be better if I were part of a team where another developer could help.

Some of my ideas (Feel free to take them):

- Red Riding Hood scrolling game where the forest gradually transitions to dead woods and then meet the wolf. (more of an 'art' game)
- Alien World Hide and Seek - 3D Walking simulator (think simplified World Runner)
- I Sing - You Sing - Listen to synthesized voice and sing back (playing by ear)
- Broken Robot / alien language - through trial and error, the player learns to control a robot by pushing buttons / entering code.
- WhoDunit - The player walks through a house (3D dungeon crawler format) interviewing people after a murder and chooses the culprit at the end.
- Reverse Hansel and Gretel where you play as the witch trying to capture children, turn them into pigs, etc.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018, what's up?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 7:17 pm
Posts: 2354
Location: DIGDUG
Welcome to the nesdev forums, thocolate. We were just talking about you in another thread.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=17543&p=225428

_________________
nesdoug.com -- blog/tutorial on programming for the NES


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018, what's up?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:24 am
Posts: 371
thocolate wrote:
- Reverse Hansel and Gretel where you play as the witch trying to capture children, turn them into pigs, etc.


I'd love to see this game as a deceptively casual resource management game, farming different parts of the woods for ingredients to create the assortment of candies, etc. needed for constructing and decorating your cute candy house in the forest.

It would only be at the game's end when an under-the-hood algorithm judges the appeal of your candy concoction and displays your final score in cartoony trapped kids, revealing that you have been playing the role of the Hansel and Gretel witch the whole time. :)

_________________
www.mteegfx.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018, what's up?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:42 pm
Posts: 3
M_Tee wrote:
thocolate wrote:
- Reverse Hansel and Gretel where you play as the witch trying to capture children, turn them into pigs, etc.


I'd love to see this game as a deceptively casual resource management game, farming different parts of the woods for ingredients to create the assortment of candies, etc. needed for constructing and decorating your cute candy house in the forest.

It would only be at the game's end when an under-the-hood algorithm judges the appeal of your candy concoction and displays your final score in cartoony trapped kids, revealing that you have been playing the role of the Hansel and Gretel witch the whole time. :)


That's an idea, too. I was thinking more of the witch on a broom flying over and dropping pixel dust on unsuspecting children. Glad that a few people are anxiously awaiting Issue 1 of Dev Cart!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018, what's up?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:04 pm
Posts: 965
and here I was running on the uncorrected assumption that it was going to be A53-remixes-only.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018, what's up?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:30 pm 
Offline
Formerly WhatULive4
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:43 am
Posts: 374
Myask wrote:
and here I was running on the uncorrected assumption that it was going to be A53-remixes-only.

Sorry, I don't know if I quite understand what you are referring to.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018, what's up?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:04 pm
Posts: 965
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11331&p=129746&hilit=action+53+remix#p129746
Being the fifth competition, and that, the fifth idea on there…and the rules threat for this year taking so long to be posted…
You probably don't need to worry about it anymore.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

All times are UTC - 7 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group