It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:36 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:49 pm 

PypeBros wrote:
Do you know whether something special would be needed to run a GBA homebrew through a "Supercard SD" linker ? I remember I had to patch commercial rom back then, but I'm afraid I lost the .exe that was doing that together with my Win98SE back in 2007.

As I explained in an answer on Retrocomputing Stack Exchange, SuperCard's GBA patcher does two things: 1. convert save type from EEPROM or flash to SRAM, and 2. change the memory controller mode (WAITCNT) from fast ROM to slow ROM (which is all the SuperCard's RAM supports). Essentially all commercial games use fast ROM, but homebrew need not. If you use no save or SRAM save, and you don't switch to fast ROM mode, you don't need the patcher.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:53 am 

Banshaku wrote:
@tepples

Japan don't follow Chinese holidays, that is for sure. As for the subject at end, Black Friday in Japan is something fairly new, maybe a few years ago, and is mostly a marketing stunt for creating sales. This is similar to Valentine day/white day in Japan, where they added an extra day (white day) on march 14, where you gave back something, thus extra sales. Most "imported" holidays/event is Japan is for commercial purpose only.

Now we are completely off-topic (nesdev! :lol:) but is such topic is interesting, it can be discusses in another one.

You have no idea how much spam I received in my mail befor black friday from China :twisted: :mrgreen:

that was atomic bulk mailing - great marketing stunt i suppose :lol:

Somewhere around 500 letters in half a day come in my mail

Regards Top.