It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:49 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 6:12 pm
Posts: 2777
Title says all.


Last edited by psycopathicteen on Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:38 pm
Posts: 2129
Location: Fukuoka, Japan
he, well, I don't know what MRA means in that case but if you say so? ^^;;;

I don't think your post will bring any good, even in general forum. Just relax a little bit, enjoy some snes hacking and have fun. That's why we mostly post on nesdev, isn't it? ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:55 am
Posts: 339
Location: Phoenix, AZ
I don't normally grill chicken, but it was a nice, brisk 60 degrees outside tonight so I fired up the grill. Burnt the skin a little bit.

_________________
. That's just like, your opinion, man .


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2004 9:28 pm
Posts: 3725
Location: Mountain View, CA
Probably "men's rights activist". Any time this subject, or even remotely similar subjects come up, there's always drama involved, and ~90% of the time you can be sure Americans are involved.

More importantly: can I ask what this subject, or whatever it is you're posting about at all, has to do with this forum? Let's not have what happened two years ago repeat itself, or this from earlier this year.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:28 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:23 am
Posts: 1212
Location: Berlin, Germany
Does anybody here remember that user donknotts from about 10 years ago?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:38 pm
Posts: 2129
Location: Fukuoka, Japan
@koitsu

That's not something I hear in Japan so the only thing I found was magnetic resonance angiography but I would have been surprised that it would have been used for slur or something like that :lol:

@WedNESday

Maybe it was just before I arrived around 2008 then. I remember barf, if my memory is good. We had many drama along the way :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:50 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2004 11:12 pm
Posts: 20870
Location: NE Indiana, USA (NTSC)
Banshaku wrote:
he, well, I don't know what MRA means in that case but if you say so? ^^;;;

As I understand it, men's rights activists (MRAs) believe that feminism has gone so far as to make society prejudiced against men. However, Cracked writers believe that MRAs' concerns are artifacts of feminism not having achieved its goals yet and can be addressed by letting feminism finish.

tl;dr:
5. MRAs complain that men aren't socially allowed to hit women. This is because men on average are twice as strong as women in the upper body, though they're equal in the lower body. (Incidentally, this explains why Tami in The Curse of Possum Hollow specializes in kick attacks and, to a lesser extent, why Lopopn is male.) Similar social taboos apply to children, who are even weaker, except for corporal punishment on the well-padded buttocks. Fix this by buying gym memberships for women.

4. Many domestic violence shelters do not admit or even believe men victims. This is because of limited budgets combined with because the fact that men are in fact the aggressors (in turn because of point 5). To fix it, fund domestic violence treatment more, and continue strength and defense training for women so that women can be taken more seriously in a confrontation.

3. The common myth is that shipwrecks save "women and children first." This isn't the case according to a study, and this myth arose out of the protocol observed on the RMS Titanic as part of propaganda to deny women the vote. To fix it, board airplanes or airships instead of cruise ships, as casualty rates on aircraft do not discriminate.

2. Most occupational casualties are male, 97% of military and 93% of civilians, largely because men choose to take more dangerous jobs. Women are already supporting wounded veterans by volunteering, raising money, and exposing poor hospital conditions. To fix it more, lift more restrictions on women in combat.

1. One of the hottest MRA complaints is that fathers tend to lose custody battles. This has been changing over the years, with more cases going for joint custody than sole (1 parent) custody. To fix it, if you have kids, offer to take care of them more often, and if you don't, offer to babysit.

The fixes for most of these start to sound like more feminism, don't they?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:38 pm
Posts: 2129
Location: Fukuoka, Japan
America is so complicated, not that Japan is better in some situation though ^^;;


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:51 am 
Offline
Formerly Espozo
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:35 pm
Posts: 3406
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Having been to Japan for a bit during the summer and having known quite alot about it before that, I'm not sure how problems it shares with America outside of that of any other first world country. Unrest generally seems to be lower there, but maybe because everyone is working too many hours to care, lol.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 9:43 pm
Posts: 11012
Location: Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
I feel like shooting myself every time people start ranting about their completely unrelated personal problems in a forum about video game programming.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:38 pm
Posts: 2129
Location: Fukuoka, Japan
@tokumaru :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:49 pm
Posts: 7604
Location: Chexbres, VD, Switzerland
koitsu wrote:
Probably "men's rights activist".

To be honnest, all activists of all kinds, no matter the cause, are annoying.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:49 pm
Posts: 981
Also if you're seriously considering shooting yourself, give one of these a call: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_s ... isis_lines


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 6:12 pm
Posts: 2777
tepples wrote:
Banshaku wrote:
he, well, I don't know what MRA means in that case but if you say so? ^^;;;

As I understand it, men's rights activists (MRAs) believe that feminism has gone so far as to make society prejudiced against men. However, Cracked writers believe that MRAs' concerns are artifacts of feminism not having achieved its goals yet and can be addressed by letting feminism finish.

tl;dr:
5. MRAs complain that men aren't socially allowed to hit women. This is because men on average are twice as strong as women in the upper body, though they're equal in the lower body. (Incidentally, this explains why Tami in The Curse of Possum Hollow specializes in kick attacks and, to a lesser extent, why Lopopn is male.) Similar social taboos apply to children, who are even weaker, except for corporal punishment on the well-padded buttocks. Fix this by buying gym memberships for women.

4. Many domestic violence shelters do not admit or even believe men victims. This is because of limited budgets combined with because the fact that men are in fact the aggressors (in turn because of point 5). To fix it, fund domestic violence treatment more, and continue strength and defense training for women so that women can be taken more seriously in a confrontation.

3. The common myth is that shipwrecks save "women and children first." This isn't the case according to a study, and this myth arose out of the protocol observed on the RMS Titanic as part of propaganda to deny women the vote. To fix it, board airplanes or airships instead of cruise ships, as casualty rates on aircraft do not discriminate.

2. Most occupational casualties are male, 97% of military and 93% of civilians, largely because men choose to take more dangerous jobs. Women are already supporting wounded veterans by volunteering, raising money, and exposing poor hospital conditions. To fix it more, lift more restrictions on women in combat.

1. One of the hottest MRA complaints is that fathers tend to lose custody battles. This has been changing over the years, with more cases going for joint custody than sole (1 parent) custody. To fix it, if you have kids, offer to take care of them more often, and if you don't, offer to babysit.

The fixes for most of these start to sound like more feminism, don't they?


The biggest men's issue I can think of are false rape accusations, but feminists aren't ever going to take this problem seriously. They care more about statistics than the issue itself.

Quote:
Also if you're seriously considering shooting yourself

Now that I think about it, I think I know why some conservatives buy guns. So they can commit suicide.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:23 am
Posts: 1212
Location: Berlin, Germany
Bregalad wrote:
To be honnest, all activists of all kinds, no matter the cause, are annoying.

Even human rights or environmental ones? Those guys do have a point.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group