Mesen-S - SNES Emulator

Discussion of hardware and software development for Super NES and Super Famicom.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
  • For making cartridges of your Super NES games, see Reproduction.
Helder

Re: Mesen-S - SNES Emulator

Post by Helder » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:41 pm

Not sure if it's been requested or not a but Ram search aka Pro Action Replay Cheat Search feature like in Geiger's SNES9x version or ZSNES would round out this awesome emulator's features.

Oziphantom

Post by Oziphantom » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:37 am

Do you have any plans to add a simpler/other labels support format? CC65 DBG seems to be a incredibly dense binary format that isn't really documented or easy for something that hasn't come from C to build.

Sour

Post by Sour » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:27 am

Helder wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:41 pm
Not sure if it's been requested or not a but Ram search aka Pro Action Replay Cheat Search feature like in Geiger's SNES9x version or ZSNES would round out this awesome emulator's features.
It's something I want to get around to eventually - there's also an issue on github requesting it: https://github.com/SourMesen/Mesen-S/issues/88
Oziphantom wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:37 am
Do you have any plans to add a simpler/other labels support format? CC65 DBG seems to be a incredibly dense binary format that isn't really documented or easy for something that hasn't come from C to build.
.dbg files are text files, but I agree they aren't exactly something you'd want to try generating via anything other than CA65/CC65. I do want to add support for a custom format (e.g like mesen's .mlb files) that matches 1:1 with the label system. If there are other formats you would like to have support for, let me know. (I know WLA has some symbol format that I will probably try adding support for, too)

Oziphantom

Post by Oziphantom » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:28 am

WLA-DX and 64tass would be what I would convert to it. I only looked at the source code for the cc65 format, as I don't use cc65, it looked like it was doing binary with its "extra table, lists" etc.