Here are the features I am currently working on:
- Players start with 5 lives
- If a player gets shot by an enemy while having more than one life, they lose a life, but instead of respawning and reverting to the normal tank, they get stunned (blinking) for a second, get a shield (helmet) for a few seconds to escape the attack and a ricochet sound effect will play to warn the player.
- Upon losing the last life, the player's tank explodes! (but I'll see if the player will keep the old tank upon the game over replenishment or start with a normal tank)
- Friendly fire is reflected and the penalized player will be forced to respawn and revert back to the normal tank! (Take that, Vix! No more of this)
- In 2P, if a player gets game over, 1 life will be borrowed to them from the surviving player when the next stage starts (the surviving player will must have had at least 2 lives)
- Change life number display from 0-based to 1-based (0 = dead, 1 = last life) since it's a quantity number and not an index number! (LEARN C++!!!) Besides, the game internally shows 1 for last life in the hex editor!
Code: Select all
; Lifesharing Hack by RetroZvoc ; If one of two players has got a game over, ; the other player can give them a life. LDA Player1_Lives BNE + ; Player 1 isn't dead ; Player 1 has no lives! ; Player 2 will try to give one LDA Player2_Lives BEQ +++ ; This is not supposed to happen DEC BEQ ++ ; Player 2 has, but cannot borrow INC Player1_Lives STA Player2_Lives JMP ++ +: ; Player 1 has lives, spawn tank LDX #0 ; Spawn Player 1's Tank JSR Make_Respawn LDA Player2_Lives BNE ++ ; Player 2 isn't dead ; Player 2 has no lives! ; Player 1 will try to give one LDA Player1_Lives DEC BEQ +++ ; Player 1 cannot borrow a life INC Player2_Lives STA Player1_Lives ++: ; Player 2 has lives, spawn tank LDX #1 ; Spawn Player 2's Tank JSR Make_Spawn +++:
Also, why is the commented text filled with various humanly-unreadable čšđščđžđčšćđžčđžšćčščšžđ-like characters? Is this Chinese? *looks* Oh, it's Russian. XD Russian hackers. I cannot read Cyrillic, especially not in this corrupted format. What text encoding should I use? I could try to decypher Russian because it's similar to Croatian or I could just copypaste to Google Translator.
Please tell me what you think.
I would also like to know what does that Pistol powerup do. I've never seen it in my game. There's also a boat/sailing powerup in some alternate version. How do I activate those?
Thank you so much for your feedback!