Bubble Bath Babes Flashing on Screen...HELP! No pun intended

Are you new to 6502, NES, or even programming in general? Post any of your questions here. Remember - the only dumb question is the question that remains unasked.

Moderator: Moderators

Mr80s717

Bubble Bath Babes Flashing on Screen...HELP! No pun intended

Post by Mr80s717 »

Hi everyone, I recently bought Bubble Bath Babes and once I got around to testing it I found that it will only flash the title screen and go no further. Theres some scratches on the contacts but I tested all the contacts and traces from the contacts with a multimeter and they're fine. There doesn't seem to be any breaks in any traces, went over those with a magnifying glass. There is a random blob of solder in one spot but I'm not sure if that will do it. What could be going on and what can I do to fix the game?
rainwarrior

Re: Bubble Bath Babes Flashing on Screen...HELP! No pun inte

Post by rainwarrior »

If it's resetting once per second, that sounds like the CIC/10NES lockout chip doing its job.

I think Bubble Bath Babes was an unlicensed game using a CIC clone, so if I had to guess, I'd say that the cart is designed for a different region than your NES?

You could solve this problem by disabling your lockout chip, if you want. Some people don't like to mod their NES, though. (Only requires a screwdriver and a cutting tool.)

No need for the large font, BTW.
Mr80s717

Re: Bubble Bath Babes Flashing on Screen...HELP! No pun inte

Post by Mr80s717 »

Thank you, I'll try that. And sorry about the font. I feel like it's hard to read the small font but I also didn't want it to be obnoxious. I have a few NES systems so I will try disabling the lockout chip on one and see if that does it. Thanks again!