Questions about comprehension, hobbies, and tenacity.

Are you new to 6502, NES, or even programming in general? Post any of your questions here. Remember - the only dumb question is the question that remains unasked.

Moderator: Moderators

Pokun

Re: Questions about comprehension, hobbies, and tenacity.

Post by Pokun »

I don't think you should worry about that when following the tutorial. Bunny Boy only does it that way to simplify things, and it's a good thing that he does because your head will be full of new things you learn. The sound tutorial by Metalslime continues and teaches you how to structure the program much better, using the main thread instead, and how to update the screen in a consistent way. It's a fantastic tutorial that teaches you about both sound and basic graphics.

I guess many people only learn to make Pong and skip sound in favor of using an open-source sound driver though. But for the reasons stated above, even if you are not going to make your own sound driver, I think it's best to at least follow about half of the sound tutorial and learn the basics of sound (which is quite easy anyway) as well as program structuring with logic in main and screen updates in the NMI.