foo_gep (Game Emu Player) options

Discussion of hardware and software development for Super NES and Super Famicom. See the SNESdev wiki for more information.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
  • For making cartridges of your Super NES games, see Reproduction.
ribos

foo_gep (Game Emu Player) options

Post by ribos »

Hi, i'm going to start ripping spc tracks with Game Emu Player for Foobar2000, since i want it to sounds as closest as possible to real hardware, i wonder :

- if i must enable Blargg's Analog simulation, because it's disabled by default and i read here and there that some recommend it while others don't.

- there's a "Remove surround effect" option checkbox disabled by defaut (which means that surround effect is enabled by default), but i've never heard about such an option on SNES hardware, so i'm confused :?
Last edited by ribos on Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
lidnariq

Re: Foo_gep (Game Emu Player) options

Post by lidnariq »

ribos wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:11 pm - there's a "Remove surround effect" option which means it's enabled by default, but i've never heard about such an option on SNES hardware, so i'm confused :?
The SNES APU supports "negative" volume. If the same audio is sent out both left and right channels, but one with positive volume and one with negative volume:
1- You will have a terrible time figuring out where the sound is coming from (it confuses your brain)
2- If you hook it up to an audio deck that supports ProLogic decoding, it'll come out of the surround channel.

I assume that "remove surround" ignores the sign during emulation.