No cash document error on the pinning of the SPC7110

Discussion of hardware and software development for Super NES and Super Famicom. See the SNESdev wiki for more information.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
  • For making cartridges of your Super NES games, see Reproduction.
Markfrizb

No cash document error on the pinning of the SPC7110

Post by Markfrizb »

Just a FYI.

In my research of making the Far East of Eden translation cart, I found this error.
Pin80 of the SPC7110 ic is ground, not vcc as indicated. The other pins appear to be correct.

Here is the no-cash document
IMG_1578.PNG
nocash

Re: No cash document error on the pinning of the SPC7110

Post by nocash »

Thanks! Good finding!

I don't remember where I got the pinouts from - probably from this doc http://www.romhacking.net/documents/%5B ... 110F0a.txt made by Kammedo.

Looking at SHVC-LDH3C-01 board photos (with RTC)... yeah, looks as if pin 80 and 81 wired to different supply voltage lines.
Oh, but wait! There's also a SHVC-BDH3B-01 board photo (without RTC)... and that has pin 80 wired differently (there's no visible connection on the photo, but it does probably connect to something underneath of the chip, maybe to VCC (?) so the pinout would be correct for that board).

Both boards are HiROM, if one has Pin80 wired to VCC, and the other to GND... then it might be related to presence/absence of the RTC chip... or to the used ROM sizes.

PS. No, don't convert fullsnes.htm from 80 column 20 lines plain ascii to 1136x640 pixel 145 Kbyte png format! That's abuse.
Markfrizb

Re: No cash document error on the pinning of the SPC7110

Post by Markfrizb »

nocash wrote:Thanks! Good finding!

I don't remember where I got the pinouts from - probably from this doc http://www.romhacking.net/documents/%5B ... 110F0a.txt made by Kammedo.

Looking at SHVC-LDH3C-01 board photos (with RTC)... yeah, looks as if pin 80 and 81 wired to different supply voltage lines.
Oh, but wait! There's also a SHVC-BDH3B-01 board photo (without RTC)... and that has pin 80 wired differently (there's no visible connection on the photo, but it does probably connect to something underneath of the chip, maybe to VCC (?) so the pinout would be correct for that board).

Both boards are HiROM, if one has Pin80 wired to VCC, and the other to GND... then it might be related to presence/absence of the RTC chip... or to the used ROM sizes.

PS. No, don't convert fullsnes.htm from 80 column 20 lines plain ascii to 1136x640 pixel 145 Kbyte png format! That's abuse.
Err, sorry. My phone screen shot!

I have both pcb variants and pin 80 on both are tied to ground. I do wonder why they didn't flood that area with that pin in it... but it is what it is ~ which is ground.

Edit: I think it's just ground. I wired in a RTC chip and converted a Non-RTC pcb to run the English TMZ game. It works. I don't think that ground controls anything.