¡ANTHROX & SWAT NES TO SNES PORTS!

Discussion of hardware and software development for Super NES and Super Famicom. See the SNESdev wiki for more information.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
  • For making cartridges of your Super NES games, see Reproduction.
Z3N3K

¡ANTHROX & SWAT NES TO SNES PORTS!

Post by Z3N3K »

¡Hi everyone!
In the SNES STATION PS2 emulator there are some ROMs from Donkey Kong (NES), Donkey Kong Jr. (NES) and Mario Bros. (NES). I researched about this group of Hackers and discovered that they made more Ports of those.

This is the Missing ROMs:

Donkey Kong Jr.

Lode Runner

Mappy

Mario Bros.

Milipide

Nuts & Milk

Pac-Man

Pinball

Popeye

If anyone knows where they saw or downloaded the ROMs, let me know!
Attachments
The ROMs that I have
The ROMs that I have
koitsu

Re: ¡ANTHROX & SWAT NES TO SNES PORTS!

Post by koitsu »

Yes, those look like some of the old NES-to-SNES conversions done in the mid-90s. I may have some of these floating around on old archive CDs. We do not distribute ROMs here nor do we give links to such things.

It's important for anyone reading this thread who's "sperging out" over the possibility of more converted NES games to know that these are all mapper 0/NROM games. The work done at the time was partially manually and partially through a conversion tool (no, this tool was never publicly released); I think during old interviews of mine in the 90s I talked about it a bit. Not the first time it's come up, so there isn't really anything "new" here, just some old history that people are re-discovering.
tepples

Post by tepples »

The closest thing to a publicly released conversion tool to play NROM games on Super NES would probably be upernes.
Memblers
Site Admin

Post by Memblers »

I definitely remember playing that Millipede conversion, but that was like 18 years ago so it's probably buried away on a CD-R somewhere, if I even have it anymore. I'm sure it's still out there somewhere though. You probably will just have to get them from one of those complete collection archives, and we can't really direct you to one of those from here.
tepples wrote: The closest thing to a publicly released conversion tool to play NROM games on Super NES would probably be upernes.
I also kind of recall something called FC2SFC or something similar, from years ago. All I remember from it was the docs being in Japanese, it was some kind of patch .exe, it supported Donkey Kong (or least that what I tested it with), and it played the game really really slow and without any audio. Was kinda neat anyways, though.

I never was able to get upernes to build over here. :( Will have to give it another shot sometime though.
Patrick FR

Post by Patrick FR »

Hi
I will look at what I can do with docker. Because of the installation process, MSYS and the assembler, it gets difficult to use.
Nokia3310

Post by Nokia3310 »

The A&S hacks were good experiments, good progress was made but they didn't recreate the full NES experience. Sound was missing, colours weren't right etc. I've had some working on an emulator but they don't load on my Everdrive (an error with the rom header).

The best way of playing NES games on a SNES is with Project Nested. It's an emulator program, still being developed by Myself086, that creates working SNES roms by patching NES roms with the emulator. V1.3 was released just two weeks ago and has increased the list of working games and fixed other issues.

I'll put the link below to download the program and for further info. The page includes a link to the compatibility spreadsheet too. This is essential for entering the correct program settings and includes patch code (if required).

https://github.com/Myself086/Project-Nested

The list of compatible games include Tetris, Super Mario Bros. 1, Donkey Kong and Legend of Zelda. It runs these very well and there are many others. I can't praise it enough!