SNES Controller

Discussion of hardware and software development for Super NES and Super Famicom. See the SNESdev wiki for more information.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
  • For making cartridges of your Super NES games, see Reproduction.
Alienbot

SNES Controller

Post by Alienbot »

I have made a SNES Retrospy cable, except, I didn't splice it to go to a console, instead I just directed everything at the Arduino. Only thing is, it doesn't work. The Latch, Data, and Clock pins all work, the only thing I could think of that could cause an issue is the 5v and GND, which usually should be pulled from the console, but instead I am pulling it from the Arduino

Could anyone please assist me? Does the SNES controller require more or less power and current?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Allenbot
lidnariq

Re: SNES Controller

Post by lidnariq »

This is just a way to read the controller from the Arduino?

The controller requires almost no current. Maybe a couple milliamps. There's nothing obviously wrong with what you've said so far.
Alienbot

Post by Alienbot »

Just fixed the issue, seemed that the program with retrospy isn't exactly the most bug-free. Thanks! Everything works now, having fun.
nocash

Post by nocash »

What did you fix then? Or let me guess... regional differences for PAL/NTSC SNES controller with/without pull-ups?
homepage - patreon - you can think of a bit as a bottle that is either half full or half empty