Need Email Replacement Confirmation help

Discussion about the site's wikis, including bugs/issues encountered.

Moderator: Moderators

Hamtaro126

Need Email Replacement Confirmation help

Post by Hamtaro126 »

Hello, I just replaced my Email on the wiki to match the forums, from YMAIL (dead account) to Tutanota (Current account), But I cannot find a way to let NESDEV Wiki access my email to verify or confirm my new address, It thinks a character is invalid, I used everything valid, No commas or question/exlamation marks, Google seems the one saying it is wrong, I HATE GOOGLE!!! so can someone force verify my address? Thank you.
AKA SmilyMZX/AtariHacker.
Bag of Magic Food

Re: Need Email Replacement Confirmation help

Post by Bag of Magic Food »

I'm having the same problem making a new account! My email address is Gmail with only the English alphabet in the name, I changed my password likewise to see if my Chrome-generated password was causing a problem, but I still always get this message and nothing in my inbox, not even spam:
Nesdev wiki could not send your confirmation mail. Please check your email address for invalid characters.

Mailer returned: authentication failure [SMTP: Invalid response code received from server (code: 535, response: 5.7.8 Username and Password not accepted. Learn more at 5.7.8 https://support.google.com/mail/?p=BadCredentials n10sm11228816pge.92 - gsmtp)]
calima

Re: Need Email Replacement Confirmation help

Post by calima »

That's the server's gmail account, not yours, which has a password issue.