Syntax highlighting added to Wiki

Discussion about the site's wikis, including bugs/issues encountered.

Moderator: Moderators

koitsu

Re: Syntax highlighting added to Wiki

Post by koitsu »

It will be removed. I am certain whatever this matter is will become a problem again in the future, and it is difficult to maintain from an administrator's point of view given the manual modifications/file placements/etc. that have to be done.

I have edited (by hand) all the pages I previous improved to use the syntax highlighter, but because MediaWiki does not offer what I need, I will need to go through MySQL directly to find any remaining active pages that use the old source tag and fix them. There have been some added/changed since, so I need to find them to do a thorough/proper cleanup job before I can call it a "done deal".
koitsu

Re: Syntax highlighting added to Wiki

Post by koitsu »

All pages containing use of <source> and </source> tags, excluding User pages, have been modified to use <pre> and </pre> tags instead.

I did most of this by hand, and only later did I find the Replace_Text extension for MediaWiki, which helped me find 2 others to fix up.

Anyway, because of the nature of all of this, I'm locking this thread. It would be nice if the syntax highlighter maintainers would actually maintain their software through official MediaWiki channels and so on, but it really doesn't look like that's going to happen. It was a good run, folks.