Additional mapper category suggestions
Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:02 pm
- Mappers [originally] from company X
- each non-company Mapper icon on 'Mappers':
Bad mapperExtant. Split/subcategory into...
- BIOS ROMs
- 'reserved'/private use mappers (e.g. 100, proposed:248)
- Disk-copier mappers?
- Mappers with collisions/underspecified/require NES2.0 disambiguation (e.g. mapper 4's MMC3 vs MMC6, 34's unrelated boards...)
- homebrew mapper
- ("pirate"/"pirate MMC3" seems less useful than those, though "pirate MMC3" seems like just an intersection between "pirate" and the extant "MMC3-like" category. Perhaps "licensed" seems like a better category, but...)
- "needs additional/manufacturer information" as a stub-like "todo" category seems potentially useful, on the other hand.
- Mappers with IRQs
- Mappers with advanced nametable controls (e.g. beyond 1A, 1B, Vertical, Horizontal)
- Mappers with mirroring control in general?
- Mappers with expanded audio (observation: voice-synth-type mappers (18, 86) are not included in Category: Expansion Audio...?)
- Mappers with unusual CHR switching (TODO: better name; but things like MMC2 switch-on-tile and Oeka Kids switch on PPU address)