NES Rom File Don't Show The Text.

Discuss technical or other issues relating to programming the Nintendo Entertainment System, Famicom, or compatible systems. See the NESdev wiki for more information.

Moderator: Moderators

dougeff

Re: NES Rom File Don't Show The Text.

Post by dougeff »

When You Chenge It Just Type It Here In The Topic.
What?

It works on my machine. I'm trying to figure out why it doesn't work on yours.

Like, maybe you deleted a line, for example.

This is going to be something that YOU fix on your machine to make it work. And it will be something as simple as adding 1 little thing in the .cfg file.
nesdoug.com -- blog/tutorial on programming for the NES
FrankenGraphics
Formerly WheelInventor

Post by FrankenGraphics »

the %path% is a variable local to your personal computer - it isn't something dougeff can change.

*if* the path variable is the problem, i would:
1)uninstall all versions of the cc65 suite, including if one was bundled with that nestor thing. Just to make sure.
2)delete any leftover paths in the environmental variable (if any) leading to cc65 suite (you can use this guide: https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000549.htm )
3)download and install the latest version of the cc65 suite.

4) is the problem solved?

5)if not: following the same guide, make sure the %path% variable points to the location of your new installation, and if it is not, make it so.

OR, just reference an absolute path to the (latest version of the) compiler and that should do it.
robocop

Post by robocop »

FrankenGraphics wrote:the %path% is a variable local to your personal computer - it isn't something dougeff can change.

*if* the path variable is the problem, i would:
1)uninstall all versions of the cc65 suite, including if one was bundled with that nestor thing. Just to make sure.
2)delete any leftover paths in the environmental variable (if any) leading to cc65 suite (you can use this guide: https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000549.htm )
3)download and install the latest version of the cc65 suite.

4) is the problem solved?

5)if not: following the same guide, make sure the %path% variable points to the location of your new installation, and if it is not, make it so.

OR, just reference an absolute path to the (latest version of the) compiler and that should do it.
if i delete the envirenement variable it would tall me that there is an error.
any help i need it.
FrankenGraphics
Formerly WheelInventor

Post by FrankenGraphics »

You should modify the environmental variable to point to your latest (and only) installation of cc65. You should have uninstalled all earlier cc65 installations, and then installed the latest, before doing this. This works. Might even be that windows fixes the variable for you, but better check for yourself to be sure.

With this setup, you have a choice and both should work:
-point to cc65 explicitly with an absolute path from your projects' batch file, like you do in that screenshot you posted.
-just use the later part of the batch - something like this:

cc65 -Oi main.c -add-source
ca65 reset.s
ca65 main.s

ld65 -C nes.cfg -o output.nes reset.o main.o nes.lib

del *.o

pause

output.nes
dougeff

Post by dougeff »

By the way.

It occurred to me that you could remove all problems with linker labels by removing them entirely (from nes.cfg) and hard coding their values into the reset.s file (the only file that wants to know stack sizes).
nesdoug.com -- blog/tutorial on programming for the NES