looking for a coder[paid]

Discuss technical or other issues relating to programming the Nintendo Entertainment System, Famicom, or compatible systems. See the NESdev wiki for more information.

Moderator: Moderators

geralds

looking for a coder[paid]

Post by geralds »

I am new here and I am not not sure if this is allowed if not please delete it. I am looking for someone to fixed one of those chinese unlicensed nes games. The game in paticular is called feng yin doa. I am willing to pay someone if need be. What ever it takes to get this so called unlicensed backport if zelda links awaking fixed.
gauauu

Re: looking for a coder[paid]

Post by gauauu »

You might have more luck of you explain a little more about what you want "fixed".
knight0fdragon

Post by knight0fdragon »

You are better off just rewriting the game from the ground up. The Chinese port is riddled with bugs and the text is in Chinese as well as not related to the story,
geralds

Post by geralds »

The game will randomly crash, the game has a game braking bug that prevents you from beating the game, the game randomly teleports you to your last check point. All I want fixed is the random game crashes, prevent the game braking glitch where after you beat a boss the games just never proceeds, the random teleporting as well. Once you play the game its pretty obvious super quick how broken the game is. The games almost unplayable. While having it in English would be nice as well but the main issue is fixing the game braking glitches. The only feasible way to play it in its current form is to abuse the save non stop till it does not glitch and hope you did not in some way encounter the boss glitch where you are stuck and have to replay the hole game.
calima

Post by calima »

I agree with knight0fdragon. For changes like that, it might end up cheaper to rewrite the entire game. Shenzen Nanjing's NES games aren't known for their high quality really.

Nesdev is more of a from-scratch board, romhacking.net would have more of the people who edit existing roms, but IIRC their rules forbid posting such requests (outside of the hack ideas megathread). However in either case I doubt you'd get it done for less than 5k.
geralds

Post by geralds »

Well I shall see what I can do. ITs more of nice code's game. Shenzen Nanjing's is more of the publisher. It just depends on what can be done I was hoping it would not be to bad of a thing with the game being there its more of fixing game code and applying to patch to the existing game. Granted im not all that familiar with stuff like this. Other broken unlicensed games have gotten similar fixes to what im asking for. I wanted to ask on romhacking but there rules and all. If someone some can help then it would be nice just hit me up with anyone interested and we talk about about the details.
knight0fdragon

Post by knight0fdragon »

A lot of those games have tiny fixes though. I have played the Zelda one, and it isnt as simple as "oh, they did not retain the a register here" If you know something about 6502, run it though a disassembler and just try to see if you can understand what goes on lol.
geralds

Post by geralds »

Well easy or not I want this game fixed badly enough to do what it takes to get it fixed as long as it's reasonable. I'm not gonna give up till it's fixed. If someone is seriously interested let me know offer still stands I really wanna fix this game.
Last edited by geralds on Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
never-obsolete

Post by never-obsolete »

Do you plan to do anything about the music?
. That's just like, your opinion, man .
geralds

Post by geralds »

No I just want the glitches fixed everything else should remain the same in the game.
pwnskar

Post by pwnskar »

Not saying this to be an ass, but while you wait for someone to take you up on your offer, you should try to see if you can fix it yourself.

This particular rom sounds quite obscure and I think it might be hard to find someone willing to dig through the rom, figure out what's going on, play through the game multiple times to find all the bugs and try to debug them and so on. It's a collossal task is just what I'm saying and learning how to do this stuff yourself might be the only way you'll get what you want.

Cheers!
nesrocks

Post by nesrocks »

Money is another way, but it may be expensive for exactly the reasons you've listed.
https://twitter.com/bitinkstudios <- Follow me on twitter! Thanks!
https://www.patreon.com/bitinkstudios <- Support me on Patreon!
tepples

Post by tepples »

Infamy of a game is another way to get someone interested in tearing it apart to mod out its faults. Infamy led to a quality-of-life patch for E.T. for Atari 2600 in early 2013.
nesrocks

Post by nesrocks »

tepples wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:05 am Infamy of a game is another way to get someone interested in tearing it apart to mod out its faults. Infamy led to a quality-of-life patch for E.T. for Atari 2600 in early 2013.
Yeah, you tell me :lol:
https://twitter.com/bitinkstudios <- Follow me on twitter! Thanks!
https://www.patreon.com/bitinkstudios <- Support me on Patreon!
turboxray

Post by turboxray »

calima wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:11 am I agree with knight0fdragon. For changes like that, it might end up cheaper to rewrite the entire game.
Compared to tracking down and fixing a bug in a rom??! I can't think of any situation where that might be true.