Pixel artist looking for partner

A place for your artistic side. Discuss techniques and tools for pixel art on the NES, GBC, or similar platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

FrankenGraphics
Formerly WheelInventor

Re: Pixel artist looking for partner

Post by FrankenGraphics »

Agreeing; great work! Your idea on "just the important details" really shines in your latest post! Hope you'll get it into a full game at some point :) :beer:
Rahsennor

Post by Rahsennor »

Those are indeed some very sharp pixels. :beer: :)
Zolionline

Post by Zolionline »

It's time I come here looking for a programmer/partner :) In the last year I was working with Lazycow on the comp project Wolfling, and I learnt a lot about the workflow and possibilities - and also about myself. So, in hope of finding somebody, I write about what I can do:

EXPERIENCE
- I'm experienced with platformers and jrpgs, also tried shoot em ups before. I'm open to other forms of games, but then I have to learn about how to create them (analyze and play games etc.). (Fantasy-like environments fit my style better, but I'm open to this too.)
- I made some level concepts before, some were working, some not. I'm slow at this and I should be capable of trying my ideas out - pen and paper rarely worked out.
- I have my own ideas and I'm a good at discussing the details of yours. I may be stubborn sometimes, but I rather compromise than doing nothing. I can not make a game alone, that's for sure and it's okay to make it of your thoughts and mine. (It's good to know who's in charge of what, especially when talking about the story and setting.)

WORKFLOW
- I'm free at summer, I could do most of the work till the end of august and some of them during december. Other times I'm slow.
- I need to know the technical limitation of the project to present the ideas. (Size of the sprite and tile sheet, possible scrolling type, room sizes etc.) I found out that programmers have different approach to the NES and are capable of different things. I prefer work knowing the limitations, than just planning and see if it's going to work or not.
- I like to communicate via e-mail, and I can use some of the project-organizing websites, such as Trello or Padlet.

GOAL
- I want to make a story driven game for the NES, if possible: with a working cartridge in a reasonable time. I'm patient but it's good to see the progress and would be good to finish it in 2 years.

If it fits your interest, please contact me in pm and let's discuss it.
Zolionline

Post by Zolionline »

Hi Everyone!

It's virus time outside, so I'm working at home, as most of you do. If you have some spare time for a NES project, but you are not so good at pixel art, maybe we can collaborate. Pm me if you wish, I have some free time as it seems :)
Take care! - Zoltan

Attached my new "portfolio".
showcase.png
Zolionline

Post by Zolionline »

After finishing 'Wolfling' (which became a decent C64 game instead of NES - unfortunately) and the Tetris-like 'From Below', I'm ready for some more cooperation. I have my own ideas but I'm also open to yours. What I'm really looking for is a multy-style game, like Star Wars for the NES (It was mostly platforming, but with first person and top view flying game elements). But we can go easy to know each other before a more serious project.
Attachments
fbelow.png
fbelow.png (11.07 KiB) Viewed 7880 times
wling.png
wling.png (5.77 KiB) Viewed 7880 times
Zolionline

Post by Zolionline »

Hi Everyone,
It's the beginning of a new year, and a new chance to create something fun! After the Wolfling, From Below and Trials of the Wolf Clan compo games I am available again. I have posted some artwork earlier. If you wish to cooperate or just talk about some project first, let's discuss in PM.
If you are a beginner, it's not a problem, I always wanted to make some fan-made game (e.g. following the Mario, Pokemon, Mega Man universe etc.). Since it's a practice, it would be ideal even if Nintendon't like it (pun intended). Of course, I'm also open to original ideas.
Thanks for reading! - Zoltan
Ricco59

Post by Ricco59 »

Great work you've done ! Congrats !

I'm in the really, really, really beginning of NES dev learning process.
I've done some tries/games for amiga1200, atari Falcon030, Coleco, Msx and Mastersystem.
Some of them are really close to be finish. Then I'm going to try to port these games on NES and ask you a little help :)

Keep up your good work ;)
You can see all my works here : https://ricco59.blogspot.com
calima

Post by calima »

I have to say Zolionline does quite good 16-bit art as well.