NES Sprite Convertor/Viewer

A place for your artistic side. Discuss techniques and tools for pixel art on the NES, GBC, or similar platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

haseeb_heaven

Re: NES Sprite Convertor/Viewer

Post by haseeb_heaven »

zanto wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:48 pm
haseeb_heaven wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:15 am I have fixed all path related issues now in version 1.02 check it now. :D
Make sure your Top level directory must not have whitespaces , inner sub directories can have whitespaces that will be okay.
I downloaded version 1.02 and I still get the same errors. This path is okay, right? It has no whitespaces at all:

Code: Select all

File: monster6.png
Path: C:\MyFiles\Development\NES\Art\monster6.png
I wonder if there's some kind of restriction on the PNG file I'm supposed to use for the tool or something like that?
Sorry i may have released previous version here , i have fixed it now added for both 32bit and 64bit binaries now.
You can test it now.
zanto

Post by zanto »

I'm still getting the same error... :(
haseeb_heaven

Post by haseeb_heaven »

zanto wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:16 am I'm still getting the same error... :(
Its working for me i tried for most of my resources, can you send me your resources along with same directory structure so that i can test it.
thanks
zanto

Post by zanto »

monster_1.png
monster_1.png (231 Bytes) Viewed 7434 times
I've attached to this post one of the files that won't work. All of them are located in the same directory: "C:\MyFiles\Development\NES\Art"
Last edited by zanto on Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
haseeb_heaven

Post by haseeb_heaven »

zanto wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:11 pm I've attached to this post one of the files that won't work. All of them are located in the same directory: "C:\MyFiles\Development\NES\Art"
The link seems to be disabled. Couldn't download
zanto

Post by zanto »

That's odd. I placed the image in the post itself, hopefully you can download it now.

And to make sure this wouldn't fix my problem, I downloaded the image from the post and used it in your converter, but still didn't work :/
haseeb_heaven

Post by haseeb_heaven »

zanto wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:27 pm That's odd. I placed the image in the post itself, hopefully you can download it now.

And to make sure this wouldn't fix my problem, I downloaded the image from the post and used it in your converter, but still didn't work :/
It working for me check the file i got as output. I also attached binary of converter for your reference in case you maybe using some other version.
Attachments
NES-Sprite-Convertor.rar
(287.8 KiB) Downloaded 134 times
monster_1.png
monster_1.png (231 Bytes) Viewed 7374 times
monster_1_tileset.chr
(64 Bytes) Downloaded 130 times
zanto

Post by zanto »

I guess something is wrong with my laptop or something, because it still doesn't work. I downloaded the new binary, placed in different folders, ran as administrator, placed the input PNG in different folders, but I always get the same error.

That's too bad, but it's okay. I'll figure out another solution to this. I appreciate the help!
haseeb_heaven

Post by haseeb_heaven »

zanto wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:54 pm I guess something is wrong with my laptop or something, because it still doesn't work. I downloaded the new binary, placed in different folders, ran as administrator, placed the input PNG in different folders, but I always get the same error.

That's too bad, but it's okay. I'll figure out another solution to this. I appreciate the help!
I wonder why its not working for you hmm :? anyways thanks for trying and testing it out though. :)