The Incident by KHAN Games on Steam Greenlight

A place where you can keep others updated about your NES-related projects through screenshots, videos or information in general.

Moderator: Moderators

Memblers
Site Admin

The Incident by KHAN Games on Steam Greenlight

Post by Memblers »

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =874938887

It's not my project, but check it out and vote for it.
rainwarrior

Re: The Incident by KHAN Games on Steam Greenlight

Post by rainwarrior »

I liked The Incident. At first I was kinda disappointed that it didn't add anything unique/new to the original Sokoban mechanics, but after playing through it I thought the puzzles it presented were actually good puzzles. (Better than most in the original Sokoban game.)
gauauu

Post by gauauu »

rainwarrior wrote:I liked The Incident. At first I was kinda disappointed that it didn't add anything unique/new to the original Sokoban mechanics, but after playing through it I thought the puzzles it presented were actually good puzzles. (Better than most in the original Sokoban game.)
That's helpful to hear. I've heard multiple people say they liked the game, but looking at it, I couldn't figure out if there was something I was missing to distinguish it from other Sokoban games.
GradualGames

Post by GradualGames »

The music and nod to R.O.B makes it especially appealing as well, besides the good puzzles. That's enough already to make me want to play it vs. other sokoban games. In fact it's the first sokoban game I'd ever played; I hadn't even heard of sokoban prior. Great game.
rainwarrior

Post by rainwarrior »

I had the original Sokoban on my PC when I was young, but I've also played all sorts of transport puzzle games over the years. I think it was Chip's Challenge that really got me interested in the genre. (There's a community called puzzlescript built around a generic 2D transport puzzle engine that has a lot of interesting small experimental games of this nature.)

My top two favourites are A Good Snowman, and Stephen's Sausage Roll.

Anyhow, what I meant about it being better than the original Sokoban, is I think a side effect of it being limited to only a few moving blocks per puzzle. Most of the puzzles in Sokoban had very little novel solutions, just a lot of blocks that required sustained precision and endurance (e.g. Sokoban level 50). The Incident instead seems to try to do something interesting and different with each puzzle, despite never adding new mechanics nor having many moving parts, and I was really impressed with the degree it managed to pull this off.
Memblers
Site Admin

Post by Memblers »

This game does well at parties, too. Lots of passing around the controller, thinking, and sometimes cursing.

Before this game, the only time I played Sokoban was when I wanted to get the bag of holding or amulet of reflection in Nethack.
Punch

Post by Punch »

I was planning to do a Sokoban-like game with special tile types beyond the usual box and wall for a good while, it would have been set on an abandoned space station. If you snooze, you lose, as they use to say.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.