Lizard

A place where you can keep others updated about your NES-related projects through screenshots, videos or information in general.

Moderator: Moderators

rainwarrior

Re: Lizard

Post by rainwarrior »

Yes, exactly. The Kickstarter budget isn't a for-profit budget, it's a subsistence budget. I can't reasonably target a commercial-only platform unless the game becomes commercially viable.
luciancd

Post by luciancd »

Thank you for the extensive answer.

Would you say that pressing 3 buttons simultaneously could be enough for a platformer ?
Like : direction + a + b = holding a koopashell and jumping while running around (mario world / snes)...

played the demo & backed the game
tepples

Post by tepples »

It's not number of touches as much as ability to accurately place them blind because you're looking at a different part of the screen. The only things you can do blind are a tap and a swipe, not a press of a specific area. Perhaps left thumb swipe to start moving, left thumb tap to stop, right thumb swipe up to jump, and right thumb tap to attack? If you can point to other successful Android platformers on Google Play Store that have a free subset, I'd be willing to try them.
luciancd

Post by luciancd »

yes indeed. but not being able to press two buttons near each other, like on most emulators for touch devices, would also make some games not playable, like metroid, mega man, super mario
tokumaru

Post by tokumaru »

tepples wrote:Perhaps left thumb swipe to start moving, left thumb tap to stop
That would be terrible for quick/fine movement. Couldn't directions be detected by the relative displacement from the start of the touch? To stop you just lift your thumb. Much more similar to what you'd do with a common controller (the only real difference is that you have to touch the center first), and you can still do it without looking.
right thumb swipe up to jump, and right thumb tap to attack?
That sounds reasonable.
OneCrudeDude

Post by OneCrudeDude »

The funding goal has been reached, congratulations!
rainwarrior

Post by rainwarrior »

Yes! Lizard is a go!
luciancd

Post by luciancd »

CONGRATULATIONS !
Light-Dark

Post by Light-Dark »

Congrats on reaching your goal man! Lizard looks phenomenal :) :beer:!
koitsu

Post by koitsu »

Kickstarter goal has been reached, so I've put this back as a standard thread rather than an Announcement.

And duh: AWESOME!!!
JRoatch
Formerly 43110

Post by JRoatch »

Yes, congratulations.
I wish I had a large circle of people I could influence for projects like this (especially for the open source stretch), but alas I don't.

and now for a belated comment on the demo:
wow it feels like you gave us half the game already. Defiantly looking forward to this. My favorite track is Forest. Such masterful use of the noise channel especially in River.
rainwarrior

Post by rainwarrior »

:)
OneCrudeDude

Post by OneCrudeDude »

I FINALLY got around to backing this, thank goodness I had some time left. Congrats on the project, and happy Thanksgiving! If they celebrate that in Canada, which I doubt. You'd figure that the US and Canada would share some holidays considering they're essentially sister countries, or so I believe.
rainwarrior

Post by rainwarrior »

We do celebrate a Thanksgiving in Canada, but it is a different Thanksgiving (with a different history) at a slightly different time of year.

...but regardless, I give you thanks for pledging to Lizard. :)
tepples

Post by tepples »

And Muslims celebrate their version of Thanksgiving on 1 Shawwal, the first day of the month after Ramadan.