Making a VT02 Table Soccer Game

A place where you can keep others updated about your NES-related projects through screenshots, videos or information in general.

Moderator: Moderators

kelvin donna

Making a VT02 Table Soccer Game

Post by kelvin donna »

hello people,

i am attempting to make the first ever nes Table soccer game with teams, based upon the Cubetac thing.
The first thing i did, is the conversion to VT02, which is done via the NintendulatorNRS itself, this also cuts out the PCM Sounds.
Second of all, i added a plenty of interesting teams into the game, such as: Japan, Konoha (from Naruto), the Ancient Egyptians, etc...
Putting the made up Teams really took me a huge Effort.
My struggle with this game is, that it can't work on standard nes, since the Mapper is severely high and sophisticated.
i'd presume, that some stuff inside the file cause those issues.
In the Attachments is the Game itself with all the Changes.
I would Appreciate a nice Teamwork from you, since i already took care of the Conversion and the Extras.

We Can Do It!
Attachments
Official Foosball.nes
(256.02 KiB) Downloaded 157 times
Ben Boldt

Re: Making a VT02 Table Soccer Game

Post by Ben Boldt »

I admire your persistence. You show an incredibly quality, it just needs more leverage.
kelvin donna

Post by kelvin donna »

Ben Boldt wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:33 pm I admire your persistence. You show an incredibly quality, it just needs more leverage.
thanks for respecting my work.
but what do you mean by "more leverage"?
Ben Boldt

Post by Ben Boldt »

You are very highly motivated to get this working. What is it that makes you want VTxx game running on a normal Famicom? Why not just run it on a VTxx emulator or console? I don't understand your inspiration.

Is it just because it would be cool, or do you have a favorite emulator you want to run it on? Or is there a different reason? If we know why you want it so bad, maybe we can want it too for the same reason.
tepples

Post by tepples »

If this other post is any indication, the asker asks for Famicom ports of VTxx games because the asker wants to play VTxx-exclusive games on Game Boy Advance, Android gaming tablets, or other handheld systems, and VTxx emulators do not exist for Game Boy Advance, Android gaming tablets, or other handheld systems to which the asker has access.
NewRisingSun

Post by NewRisingSun »

MAME emulates most VTxx-based plug'n play consoles except for VT369 and will certainly run on Android tablets, though not necessarily in a current build, because MAME's build process is highly customized (cough) in a way that is difficult to adapt for Android platforms.
kelvin donna

Post by kelvin donna »

Ben Boldt wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:44 pm You are very highly motivated to get this working. What is it that makes you want VTxx game running on a normal Famicom? Why not just run it on a VTxx emulator or console? I don't understand your inspiration.

Is it just because it would be cool, or do you have a favorite emulator you want to run it on? Or is there a different reason? If we know why you want it so bad, maybe we can want it too for the same reason.
here is the thing.

my inspiration for vtxx games on nes came from the fact that those vtxx games (not the graphically advanced VT369) have a very close compatibility to nes, thanks to the possibility to make the pallete lower.
the true reason for that game to be on nes is just because table soccer and ymk games themselves don't exist on nes yet, so i wanted to fulfill that possible opportunity.
Last edited by kelvin donna on Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
kelvin donna

Post by kelvin donna »

tepples wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:16 pm If this other post is any indication, the asker asks for Famicom ports of VTxx games because the asker wants to play VTxx-exclusive games on Game Boy Advance, Android gaming tablets, or other handheld systems, and VTxx emulators do not exist for Game Boy Advance, Android gaming tablets, or other handheld systems to which the asker has access.
that is severely right in fact.
and because of that, the mapper function changing of ONE or TWO single games may be far more practical, than programming an emulator from scratch.
kelvin donna

Post by kelvin donna »

i have another vt ymk game in the attachments i hacked, which is speed type, but the words you need to type (in this game) are german.

and a little reminder to everybody:

whether you want to give me advice on how to hack the mapper functions of the game(s) or hack the mapper functions of the game(s) yourself, the limit is the 28th of march, so you have a plenty of time.
good luck.
Attachments
Electric Spelling Contest.nes
(256.02 KiB) Downloaded 130 times
kelvin donna

Post by kelvin donna »

NewRisingSun wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:22 am MAME emulates most VTxx-based plug'n play consoles except for VT369 and will certainly run on Android tablets, though not necessarily in a current build, because MAME's build process is highly customized (cough) in a way that is difficult to adapt for Android platforms.
then why can't you be an lamb and make one android version of the vt compatible mame?